Amanita Design is a Czech independent video game developing company founded in 2003 by Jakub Dvorský and headquartered in Brno, Czech Republic. The company has created award-winning games including Machinarium, the Samorost series and Botanicula, as well as educational and advertising minigames and animations, all using Adobe Flash. Clients include BBC, Nike and The Polyphonic Spree.
|Industry||Video game industry|
Number of employees
Samorost 2 has won the Webby Award. In 2009, Amanita Design released the award-winning game Machinarium. Botanicula was released in April 2012 as both a standalone purchase as well as the subject of the Humble Botanicula Debut. On 24 March 2016 they released Samorost 3 (the follow-up to Samorost 2). The studio's latest project was Chuchel, which was released on 7 March 2018.
|Samorost||2003||Browser||Point and click adventure game|
|Rocketman||2004||Browser||Short game for Nike|
|The Quest for the Rest||2004||Browser||Short game for band Polyphonic spree|
|Samorost 2||2005||Windows, OS X, Linux||Second game in the Samorost series|
|Questionaut||2008||Browser||Point and click game for BBC|
|Shy Dwarf||2009||Browser||Action game by Jaromír Plachý.|
|Machinarium||2009||Windows, iOS, Linux, PS3 (PSN), PS Vita (PSN), iPad 2, Android, BlackBerry PlayBook, Nintendo Switch||First full-length game|
|Osada||2011||Browser, Windows, OS X, Linux,||Interactive music video|
|Botanicula||2012||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Linux, Android||Second full-length game|
|Samorost 3||2016||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android||Third game in the Samorost series and third full-length game|
|Chuchel||2018||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android||Comedy adventure game by Jaromír Plachý|
|Creaks||2019||Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch||Horror platform game|
|Phonopolis||2020||Windows||Adventure game acquired from Hammerware|
- Vespering - music video for DVA by Jaromír Plachý (2016)
- Mulatu - music video for DVA by Jaromír Plachý (2013)
- Zorya - music album by Floex (2011)
- Kooky - puppet feature film and book by Jakub Dvorský (2010)
- Nunovó Tango - music video for DVA by Jaromír Plachý (2009)
- Plantage - music video for Under Byen by Jakub Dvorský (2004)
- Na tu svatbu - music video for Kamil Jasmín by Václav Blín (2002)
- Nusle - short film (2001)
- Psyride - psytrance music video (2001)
- Blanka Šperková - flash website by Jakub Dvorský
- Podvědomím - flash website by Jakub Dvorský
- Pantry - web toy by Jakub Dvorský
Team members and collaboratorsEdit
- Jakub Dvorský (game designer, graphic artist, Amanita Design founder and CEO)
- Jaromír Plachý (game designer, animator, graphic artist)
- Václav Blín (animator, graphic artist)
- Adolf Lachman [cs] (graphic artist, painter, sculptor)
- Tomáš Dvořák (Floex) (musician)
- Tomáš Dvořák (Pif) (sound effects designer, production assistant, CFO)
- DVA (musicians) - Bára Ungerová and Jan Kratochvíl
- David Oliva (programmer)
- Jan Werner (programmer)
- Peter Stehlík (programmer)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Visual Art (2018)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Visual Art - nominee (2014)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Audio Award - nominee (2014)
- Adventure Gamers - The Aggie Awards - Best Non-Traditional Adventure (2016)
- IndieCade - Story / World Design Award (2012)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Audio Award (2012)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Visual Art - nominee (2012)
- Adventure Gamers - The Aggie Awards - Best Animation (2012)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Visual Art Award (2009)
- DICE Awards - Nomination for 13th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards (2009)
- Gamasutra - Best Indie Game of 2009
- VGChartz.com - Best Indie Game of 2009
- PC Gamer - Best Soundtrack of 2009
- Flashforward Film Festival - winner in Original Sound category (2006)
- Seoul net festival - Best Web-Work Award (2006)
- Webby Award - winner in games category (2007)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Best Web Browser Game (2007)
- Top Talent Award - nominee (2003)
- Webby Award - nominee (2004)
- British Academy Award (BAFTA) - nominee (2009)
- Mochis Award - Best Game Art (2009)
- "Video Game Developers in the Czech Republic". TechLoop. 28 July 2016. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- INTERVIEW – In Conversation With Jakub Dvorsky, Founder Of Amanita Design And Creator Of Machinarium | Alternative Magazine Online
- "Webby Nominees". webbyawards.com. Archived from the original on 2012-01-18. Retrieved 2012-01-15.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)(dead link)
- McElroy, Griffin. "Machinarium developer reveals three upcoming projects". Joystiq. Archived from the original on 2011-05-28. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- "Plachý trpaslík, flashovka od Amanita Design - Hrej.cz". Hrej.cz. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- Dobrovský, Pavel. "Chuchel - představení nové hry od autora Botaniculy - Games.cz". Games.cz. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- "Amanita Design's next game is a sidescrolling platformer called Creaks". pcgamer. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Průvan". Česká televize (in Czech). Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Podívejte se do zákulisí vývoje českých her. Na Steamu vyšel dokument New Game". Games.cz (in Czech). Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Amanita Design выпустит "картонный" квест Phonopolis". Igromania. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- Gamasutra's Best Of 2009: Top 10 Indie Games, 18 December 2009
- GDC 2007: INDEPENDENT GAMES FESTIVAL AWARDS, ign.com, 8 March 2007