|MLA, 6th Legislative Assembly, Delhi|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Asif Mohd Khan|
|Born||January 10, 1974|
|Aam Aadmi Party, Lok Jan Shakti Party|
|Parents||Waliullah Khan (father)|
|Alma mater||Jamia Millia Islamia|
|Profession||Businessperson & Politician|
Life and educationEdit
Amanatullah Khan was born in Agwanpur village, Meerut district. He attended the Jamia Millia Islamia but did not complete his degree. He is educated till twelfth grade. He is married to Shafia Khan and has a son and a daughter.
Amanatullah Khan is a member of the Aam Aadmi Party. His term as MLA in the Sixth Legislative Assembly of Delhi is his first term. He defeated Braham Singh of BJP by a margin of 64,532 votes in the 2015 Delhi Legislative Assembly elections. Khan had also contested elections for the Fifth Legislative Assembly of Delhi in 2013 as a Lok Jan Shakti Party candidate but lost the elections where somehow he managed to get only 3600 Votes.
On 20 July 2016, a woman filed a case against Khan for allegedly threatening her with dire consequences. A case was registered against Khan under section 506 of IPC at the Jamia Nagar Police station in South Delhi. Delhi Police on 24 July 2016 Arrested Amanatullah Khan. On 28 July 2016 Khan got bail, the court asked Khan to furnish a personal bond of 50,000 Indian Rupees and a surety of same amount.
Amanatullah Khan had resigned from all posts on 10 September 2016 as he is booked for sexual harassment charges by his sister in law.
|01||2015||-||Member, Sixth Legislative Assembly of Delhi|
- "Member Profile". U.P. Legislative Assembly website. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Candidate affidavit". My neta.info. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Election result". Election commission of India. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Comprehensive Election results". Election Commission of India website. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "2013 election". myneta.info. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening woman". Indian Express. IANS. 25 July 2016. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan gets bail". Economic Times. PTI. 28 July 2016. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Amanatullah: AAP rejects Amanatullah Khan's resignation, says it's family dispute | Delhi News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 December 2019.
- "AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan claims Congress workers fired at him". 20 April 2017. Retrieved 18 December 2019.
- "AAP crisis: AAP keeps Kumar Vishwas, suspends MLA Amanatullah Khan | India News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 December 2019.
- "Delhi Chief Secretary 'assault': AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal granted bail by Delhi High Court". 9 March 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2019.