Amagasaki (尼崎市 Amagasaki-shi) is an industrial city located in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan. The city was founded on April 1, 1916. Its population is around 460,000, below its peak of over 554,000 in 1971.
Amagasaki Cultural Zone
Location of Amagasaki in Hyōgo Prefecture
|• Mayor||Kazumi Inamura (Greens Japan)|
|• Total||49.77 km2 (19.22 sq mi)|
(April 1, 2017)
|• Density||9,100/km2 (23,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (JST)|
|City hall address||1-23-1 Higashinanamatsu-chō, Amagasaki-shi, Hyōgo-ken|
Amagasaki is the hometown of comedy duo Downtown stars Masatoshi Hamada and Hitoshi Matsumoto. It is also the hometown of Formula 1 driver Kamui Kobayashi, Chiyu, the bassist of SuG, author Koushun Takami and Heath, bassist of X Japan. Hideki Irabu, an ex-MLB pitcher and Toshiaki Nishioka, a former world champion boxer, is also from this area.
- West Japan Railway Company
- Hankyu Railway
- Hanshin Electric Railway
A commuter train derailed on the Fukuchiyama Line near Amagasaki on April 25, 2005, resulting in more than 100 dead and 550 injured.
Politics of AmagasakiEdit
Amagasaki is a major part of the Hanshin Industrial Region. Businesses headquartered in the city include manufacturers such as Osaka Titanium Technologies. The value of manufactured goods shipments in Amagasaki was 1,288 billion yen in 2004.
See also Hanshin Industrial Region.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2015)
- "Official website of Amagasaki City" (in Japanese). Japan: Amagasaki City. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "Kazumi Inamura receives 54% of the vote to become the first Green mayor elected in Japan". Global Greens. 2010-11-22. Retrieved 2018-06-03.
- "Company Outline." Osaka Titanium Technologies. Retrieved on March 28, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-12. Retrieved 2007-03-30.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy" ウリハッキョ一覧. Chongryon. Archived from the original on July 26, 2015. Retrieved October 14, 2015.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)()