Álvaro López (musician)(Redirected from Alvaro Lopez and Res-Q Band)
Álvaro López (born 1979) is a drummer and producer. His most well-known project to date has been as drummer/programmer with the English trip hop band Second Person, working on their 2004 debut release Chromatography and the following two albums The Elements and Come to Dust with band-mates Julia Johnson and Mark Maclaine.
|Born||28 September 1979|
|Genres||Trip hop, electronica, acid jazz|
|Associated acts||Second Person|
The Madrid-born drummer/songwriter is also known for his work with The Feeling in their early days has produced and played on various electro tracks with a number of Spanish DJ's including Karim Haas and Cristian Varela. He is the founder of the musical collectives: Batusamba Collective and the Sol Chango trio and continues to be active member of the London Jazz scene.
Starting in the school choir at the age of 6, he moved on to study classical guitar and percussion. After moving to London and four years studying Music Performance and Technology he travelled to Cuba in Summer of 2003 to study Afro-Cuban Rhythm. Once there, he studied under Betun (Luis Valiente Marin) the well known and hugely respected percussionist for Cachao López (Buena Vista Social Club).
- Come to Dust - Second Person: drummer/programmer (in production: Album)
- The Elements - Second Person : drummer/programmer (2007: Album)
- Live at the Bedford - Second Person : drummer (2006: DVD)
- Sol Chango - Sol Chango Trio: drummer/co-producer (2006: Album)
- Chromatography - Second Person : drummer/programmer (2004: Album)
- Second Person in The Independent (23rd Oct 2002: pg 12)
- BBC Radio 2 Interview (The Weekender with Matthew Wright - 3rd Nov 2005)
- Future Music Magazine interview (Nov 2005)