Alto Adige in the Heart
Alto Adige in the Heart (Italian: L'Alto Adige nel Cuore, AAC) is a national-conservative political party active in South Tyrol, Italy. The party is led by Alessandro Urzì and seeks to represent the Italian-speaking minority in the province, whose official Italian name is indeed Alto Adige.
|Split from||The People of Freedom|
|National affiliation||Brothers of Italy (since 2018)|
|Chamber of Deputies|
0 / 630
0 / 315
0 / 72
1 / 35
AAC was formed in January 2013 as a locally based party upon the fragmentation of The People of Freedom (PdL), Italy's main centre-right party, in the Province. Its leader Alessandro Urzì, a long-time conservative politician who had been a member of the Italian Social Movement, National Alliance, the PdL and finally Future and Freedom, was the most voted candidate among Italian-speakers in the 2008 provincial election. In June Urzì broadened the base of his party by welcoming Maurizio Vezzali, another dissenting PdL provincial councillor who had been previously active with Forza Italia.
In the 2013 provincial election AAC obtained 2.1% of the vote and Urzì was re-elected to the Provincial Council, while all his former opponents in the PdL lost (the only elect of the Forza Alto Adige–Lega Nord Alto Adige/Südtirol–Team Autonomie list was Elena Artioli, member of the League and multi-lingual).
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2018). "South Tyrol/Italy". Parties and Elections in Europe.
- "Urzì stacca la spina a Fli e lancia una nuova lista - Cronaca - Alto Adige". 13 January 2013. Archived from the original on 4 November 2013. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Il gruppo Urzì: "Ex An delusi da Silvio? Non sono credibili" - Cronaca - Alto Adige". 10 December 2012. Archived from the original on 4 November 2013. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Alessandro Urzì - Alessandro Urzì". Archived from the original on 2013-10-06. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- "Provinciali, c'è l' accordo Urzì–Vezzali - Cronaca - Alto Adige". 27 June 2013. Archived from the original on 4 November 2013. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-12. Retrieved 2013-11-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.siag.it/. "Beratende Landesvolksabstimmung 2016 - Autonome Provinz Bozen - Südtirol". elezioni.provincia.bz.it.
- "Fratelli d'Italia - Alleanza nazionale Trentino * Congresso Nazionale: nuovo simbolo e rinforzamento del Partito - Agenzia giornalistica Opinione". 3 December 2017.