Alpine skiing at the 2010 Winter Olympics – Men's downhill
The Men's Downhill competition of the Vancouver 2010 Olympics was held at Whistler Creekside in Whistler, British Columbia. The competition was scheduled for Saturday, February 13, but was postponed due to rain and warm temperatures; it was held on Monday, February 15.
at the XXI Olympic Winter Games
|Date||February 15, 2010|
|Competitors||64 from 28 nations|
The vertical drop of the Dave Murray Downhill course was 853 m (2,799 ft), starting at an elevation of 1,678 m (5,505 ft) above sea level and finishing at 825 m (2,707 ft); the course length was 3.105 km (1.929 mi).
The time margins between the medalists were the closest in the history of the event in any Olympics; only 0.09 seconds separated gold and bronze.
- Vancouver 2010.com Archived 2009-06-09 at the Wayback Machine - schedules by sport
- Vancouver 2010.com Archived 2010-12-26 at the Wayback Machine - results
- FIS-ski.com Archived 2010-02-17 at the Wayback Machine 2010 Winter Olympics - Men's Downhill - results
- FIS-ski.com Archived 2010-03-31 at the Wayback Machine - race results .pdf
- 2010 Winter Olympics results: Men's Downhill, from https://web.archive.org/web/20091025194336/http://www.vancouver2010.com/; retrieved 2010-02-15.
- Ski Racing.com - Defago Gets Downhill Gold, Bode Bronze - 2010-02-15