Alpha Bravo Charlie
|Alpha Bravo Charlie|
The opening title screen for Alpha Bravo Charlie
|Created by||ISPR |
Malik Ata Muhammad Khan
|Narrated by||Zia-ur Rehman (subtitles)|
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|No. of episodes||14|
|Running time||approx 40 min.|
|Original network||PTV Home|
|Original release||May 1991 –|
It is a sequel to drama series Sunehre Din (Golden Days) with some of the same cast. The series ran on PTV from May till July 1998. The last shooting was completed at PMA Kakul on 4 December 1997. The drama was produced by PTV Lahore centre and Shoman Productions.
As the name indicates, the drama is based on the life and times of three characters — Faraz, Kashif, and Gulsher also known as Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie respectively — and their friendship. These passionate young men wish to start their careers in the Pakistan army. In the initial episodes, ample footage is used to detail the background of every individual and the circumstances under which they enroll for the armed forces. Faraz is Mr. Perfect, the guy who does everything right while Gulsher is a polite, simple-minded, shy person. Kashif is originally the funny man responsible for providing most of the comic relief through his antics, pranks and mischief. Eventually the series morphs into a coming-of-age story where the lead characters realize that there is more to life than their present happy-go-lucky lifestyle as they experience reality in all its fragility and extremities — jealousy, heartbreaks, trauma and death. Another important character is Shahnaaz, a confident, educated and well-mannered young lady, who plays an important role in the lives of these friends. Her involvement with them in the role of friend, wife and confidante adds reality to the series that is poignant and touching on a personal level. The main theme of the drama is that every person should lead a purposeful existence and that, if one has the will and the passion, he/she can achieve anything.
- Faraz Inam as Captain Faraz Ahmed
- Colonel (Retired) Qasim Khan as Captain Gulsher Khan
- Captain Abdullah Mahmood as Captain Kashif Kirmani
- Shehnaz Khwaja as Shehnaz Gulsher Khan
- Ahmad, Bisma (13 March 2015). "Old but not forgotten: Top 10 Pakistani dramas to re-watch now". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Alpha Bravo Charlie – Pakistani Television Dramas and TV Shows". Thepakistani.tv. 19 March 2008. Archived from the original on 22 March 2012. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Alpha Bravo Charlie — Pakistani TV Drama". Pakistanica.com. Retrieved 6 March 2012.