Aloo mutter (also spelled aloo mattar or aloo matar) is a Punjabi dish from the Indian subcontinent which is made from potatoes (Aloo) and peas (matter) in a spiced creamy tomato based sauce. It is a vegetarian dish. The sauce is generally cooked with garlic, ginger, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin seeds and other spices.
|Place of origin||South Asia|
|Region or state||Punjab, Indian subcontinent|
|Main ingredients||Potatoes and peas|
|Variations||Also served dry without gravy|
- Dalal, Tarla (2007). Punjabi Khana. Sanjay & Co. p. 35. ISBN 8189491547.
- "Chefs whip up home-cooked meals this Deepavali". The Star. 12 October 2009. Archived from the original on 13 April 2013. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "Ashwani Ahuja". MidWeek. 21 September 2007. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "ITC has taste for heat & eat food". The Telegraph. 13 July 2003. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "It's raining dosas". The Hindu. 9 December 2010. Archived from the original on 18 August 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2012.