Alone at Last
Alone at Last is the first solo album by vibraphonist Gary Burton. It is recorded in 1971 featuring three performances from the Montreux Jazz Festival and four studio performances released on the Atlantic label. The album was awarded a Grammy for Best Jazz Performance by a Soloist at the 15th Grammy Awards.
|Alone at Last|
|Live album by|
|Recorded||June 19 and September 7, 1971|
|Gary Burton chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
- "Moonchild/In Your Quiet Place" (Keith Jarrett) - 6:14
- "Green Mountains/Arise, Her Eyes" (Steve Swallow) - 7:35
- "The Sunset Bell" (Gary Burton) - 5:09
- "Handbags and Gladrags" (Mike d'Abo) - 6:05
- "Hullo Bolinas" (Swallow) - 5:49
- "General Mojo's Well Laid Plan" (Swallow) - 3:38
- "Chega de Saudade (No More Blues)" (Vinícius de Moraes, Antônio Carlos Jobim) - 4:39
Songs 1-3 recorded at the Montreux Jazz Festival, Montreux, Switzerland on June 19, 1971.
Songs 4-7 recorded at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, NY on September 7, 1971.
- Gary Burton discography Archived 2012-01-19 at the Wayback Machine accessed November 25, 2011
- Grammy.com accessed November 25, 2011
- Yanow, S. Allmusic Review accessed November 25, 2011
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 33. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.