|Member of the Parañaque City Council from the 1st district|
June 30, 2007 – June 30, 2016
Venesa Moreno Lacsamana
May 25, 1959
Cervantes, Ilocos Sur
|Political party||Lakas-CMD (2007–2012)|
Liberal Party (2012–2014)
United Nationalist Alliance (2014–present)
Fahad "Pre" Salic
|Domestic partner||Rudy Fernandez|
Rodolfo Quizon, Sr.
|Children||Mark Anthony Fernandez|
She appeared in her first movie as a Dama in Urduja with Amalia Fuentes, while her first starring role was in Ligaw na Bulaklak Part 2 ("Lost Flower") with Vic Silayan, which was her breakout film. The 1976 film was directed by National Artist for Film Ishmael Bernal.
From then until the late 1980s, Moreno starred in a number of revealing movies that were box office hits, earning her the title "Sex Goddess of Philippine Movies" of the 1970s and 1980s.
Bernal had also directed her in the acclaimed film, City After Dark, that premiered in 1980. Her other notable films include the 1993 Gawad Urian Best Picture, Makati Avenue Office Girls (directed by José Javier Reyes) and the 1977 Mga Bilanggong Birhen ("Incarcerated Virgins") (directed by Mario O'Hara and Romy Suzara).
Versatile for having starred in sexy, drama and comedy films, Moreno was also a presenter on several highly rated television variety shows in the 1980s for which she earned the title "Shining Star", as well as the weekly television drama anthology, Alindog, which explored the lives of modern Filipino women. Moreno is also a dancer, who popularised a sexy, high-cut outfit called the "Tangga” on her shows like The Other Side of Alma, Rated A and Loveli-Ness. She has been nominated in various film and TV acting awards for her dramatic and comedic performances.
In the early 2000s, Moreno divided her time between her professional commitments with GMA-7's teleserye Habang Kapiling Ka and situational comedy programme Da Boy and Da Girl; she balanced these with her personal commitment to helping the women and the poor in Parañaque City through various socio-civic and community development projects. In 2002, she starred in her comeback film Kapalit. Recently, she was a resident judge of the defunct dance contest You Can Dance.
Moreno ran for Mayor of Parañaque City in 2004 but lost. In 2007, she was elected as Councilor of the city, and was re-elected in 2010. On September 24, 2008, the Parañaque City prosecutor's office found probable cause for violation of Batas Pambansa 22 against Moreno. The complaint Maya Media Arts Yielding Ads (Maya) Inc. accused Moreno of issuing P 390,000 rubber or bouncing checks for campaign materials. Moreno denied the charges and her bail bond was set at P30,000.
In 2012, Moreno became the first female National President of the Philippine Councilors League (PCL), where she previously served as National Secretary-General and National Executive Vice-President. In May 2012, she declared her intention to run for Senator in the 2013 elections under Lakas-CMD party. A few months later in September however, she announced that she had dropped her bid due to a lingering illness. She moved to the Liberal Party with her former husband Joey, and she ran again for Councilor in 2013. In 2014, she joined United Nationalist Alliance of Vice-President Jejomar Binay, and in 2015, Moreno confirmed that she will run for Senator under UNA. She filed her COC on October 14, 2015.
On November 14, 2015, on ABS-CBN News Channel's Headstart, which hosted by news anchor Karen Davila, Davila asked Moreno with some questions regarding certain issues in the country including the Reproductive Health Law. The interview became viral after Moreno failed to coherently answer most of Davila's questions.
Moreno had a relationship with Rudy Fernández, they have one son Mark Anthony Fernandez. She also had a relationship with "King of Comedy", Dolphy, which produced one son, Vandolph. Moreno married actor-politician Joey Marquez. They produced three children: Yeoj, Winwyn (Teresita Ssen) and Vitto. The marriage was annulled in 2004. In 2001, she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. She married Sultan Fahad "Pre" Salic, mayor of Marawi City, in 2009, in a traditional Muslim nikah. They have one daughter Alfa Salic They divorced in 2014.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: This section needs to list all films and television shows separately under the Film and Television headings. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 1973: Babalik Ka Rin
- 1974: Urduja
- 1974: Kambal Tuko
- 1975: San Simeon
- 1975: Kapitan Kulas
- 1975: Tag-ulan sa Tag-araw
- 1976: Jailbreak
- 1976: Unos sa Dalampasigan
- 1976: Ligaw na Bulaklak
- 1976: Kung Bakit May Ulap ang Mukha ng Buwan
- 1976: Alindog
- 1976: Daluyong at Habagat
- 1976: Mrs. Eva Fonda, 16
- 1976: Walang Karanasan
- 1976: Ay, Manuela
- 1976: Bitayin si... Baby Ama
- 1976: Bakit Ako Mahihiya
- 1976: Hinog sa Pilit
- 1976: Markadong Anghel
- 1976: Fantastika vs. Wonderwoman
- 1976: Usigin ang Maysala
- 1976: Ikaw... Ako Laban sa Mundo
- 1976: Wanakosey
- 1977: Huwag Mong Dungisan ang Pisngi ng Langit
- 1977: Bawal na Pag-ibig
- 1977: Kapangyarihan ni Eva
- 1977: Laruang Apoy
- 1977: Rebecca Marasigan
- 1977: Mga Bulaklak ng Teatro Manila
- 1977: Ito Kaya'y Pagkakasala
- 1977: Masikip Maluwang Paraisong Parisukat
- 1977: Si Amihan at si Hagibis
- 1977: Mga Hayop sa Damo
- 1977: Namangka sa Dalawang Ilog
- 1977: Mga Sariwang Bulaklak
- 1977: Phandora
- 1977: Sugar Daddy
- 1977: Mga Bilanggong Birhen
- 1977: Anong Uring Hayop Kami Dito sa Daigdig
- 1978: Ex-Convict
- 1978: Lagi na Lamang Ba Akong Babae
- 1978: Dyesebel
- 1978: King
- 1978: Balatkayo
- 1978: Sapagkat Kami'y Tao Lamang Part 2
- 1978: Huwag Hamakin! Hostess
- 1978: Mga Mata ni Angelita
- 1978: Bomba Star
- 1978: ABC ng Pag-ibig
- 1978: Pag-ibig Magkano Ka
- 1978: Gisingin Mo ang Umaga
- 1978: Isang Kahig, Isang Tuka, sa Langit at Lupa
- 1978: Buhay: Ako sa Itaas, Ikaw sa Ibaba
- 1978: Isang Ama, Dalawang Ina
- 1978: Iwasan ... Kabaret
- 1978: Mga Tinik ng Babae
- 1978: Hamog
- 1978: Bilangguang Walang Rehas
- 1979: Kasal-kasalan, Bahay-bahayan
- 1979: Bedspacers
- 1979: Isang Milyong at Isang Kasalanan
- 1979: Magkaribal
- 1979: Si Gorio at ang Damong Ligaw
- 1979: Tatlong Bulaklak
- 1979: Isang Araw Isang Buhay
- 1979: Mabango Ba ang Bawat Bulaklak
- 1980: Basag
- 1980: City After Dark
- 1980: Waikiki
- 1980: Broken Home
- 1980: Ano ang Ginawa ng Babae sa Ibon
- 1980: Ambisyosa
- 1980: Lumakad Kang Hubad... Sa Mundong Ibabaw
- 1980: Jim Nichols Alyas Boy Kano
- 1980: Gabi ng Lagim Ngayon
- 1980: Palaban
- 1980: Uhaw sa Kalayaan
- 1980: Unang Yakap
- 1980: Ako
- 1980: Si Malakas si Maganda at si Mahinhin
- 1980: Tambay sa Disco
- 1980: The Valderrama Case
- 1980: Nympha
- 1980: Kodengo Penal: The Valderama Case
- 1981: Candy
- 1981: Sisang Tabak
- 1981: Titser's Pet
- 1981: Ambrocio Defontorum
- 1981: The Betamax Story
- 1981: Abigael
- 1981: Bawal
- 1981: Pabling
- 1981: Carnival Queen
- 1981: I Confess
- 1981: Kamaong Asero
- 1981: Nakakabaliw, Nakakaaliw
- 1981: Bihagin: Bilibid Boys
- 1982: Diary of Cristina Gaston
- 1982: Hanggang sa Wakas
- 1982: Malikot
- 1982: Good Morning, Professor
- 1982: My Funny Valentine
- 1982: Dear God
- 1982: Throw Away Child
- 1983: Teng Teng de Sarapen
- 1983: Bundok ng Susong Dalaga
- 1984: Nang Maghalo ang Balat sa Tinalupan
- 1985: The Crazy Professor
- 1985: Riot 1950
- 1985: Hello Lover, Goodbye Friend
- 1985: Kay Dali ng Kahapon, ang Bagal ng Bukas
- 1986: Beloy Montemayor
- 1986: Balimbing
- 1987: Stolen Moments
- 1987: Bata-batuta
- 1987: Wanted Bata-batuta
- 1987-1990: Loveli-ness (as a Main Host/Performer)
- 1989: Target... Police General: Major General Alfredo Lim Story
- 1989: Abandonada
- 1989: Love Me Doods
- 1990: Lover's Delight
- 1990: Kahit Singko ay Di Ko Babayaran ang Buhay Mo
- 1990: Urbanito Dizon: The Most Notorious Gangster in Luzon
- 1990: Twist: Ako si Ikaw, Ikaw si Ako
- 1990: Flavor of the Month
- 1991: Secrets of Pura
- 1991: Magdalena S. Palacol Story
- 1991: Mahal Ko ang Mister Mo'
- 1991: Secrets of Pura
- 1991: Magdalena S. Palacol Story
- 1992: Guwapings: The First Adventure
- 1992: Aswang
- 1992: Mahal... Saan Ka Natulog Kagabi
- 1992: True Confessions (Evelyn, Myrna, & Margie)
- 1993: Makati Ave
- 1993: Guwapings Dos
- 1994: Paano Na? Sa Mundo ni Janet
- 1997: Hari ng Yabang
- 1998: Sonny Segovia: Lumakad Ka sa Apoy
- 1998: Maalaala Mo Kaya
- 1999: Hey Babe!
- 2001: Sa Dulo ng Walang Hanggan
- 2002: Kapalit
- 2002: Habang Kapiling Ka
- 2002: Daboy en Da Girl
- 2005: Pelukang Itim: Agimat Ko Ito for Victory Again
- 2005: Mga Anghel na Walang Langit
- 2006: Komiks
- 2008: Tiltil
- 2008: Eva Fonda
- 2015: Magpakailanman
- 2016: Dear Uge
- 2016: Maalaala Mo Kaya
- 2016: The Third Party
- 2016: Tsuperhero
- 2017: Pusong Ligaw
- 2018: Sana Dalawa Ang Puso
- 2018: Jacqueline Comes Home
- 2018: Asawa Ko, Karibal Ko
- 2019: Daddy's Gurl
- philstar.com. (February 16, 2016). Retrieved on 2017-03-13.
- Pelikula, Atbp.: Alma Moreno: This Is My Life. Pelikulaatbp.blogspot.com (December 18, 2008). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- The Official Alma Moreno Website. Almamoreno.tripod.com. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- PELIKULA, ATBP.: URDUJA (1974). Pelikulaatbp.blogspot.com (26 January 2009). Retrieved on 24 June 2016.
- Kenny, Glenn. (June 17, 2016) Movie Reviews – The New York Times. Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- Video 48: ALMA MORENO: 70s and 80s SEX GODDESS OF PHILIPPINE MOVIES- Circa 1976–81. Video48.blogspot.com (April 10, 2008). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- Pagkagat Ng Dilim: MANILA BY NIGHT. sari-saringsinengpinoy.blogspot.com
- Makati Ave. (Office Girls) (1993). IMDb
- Mga bilanggong birhen (1977). IMDb
- PHNO: Sports Beat. Newsflash.org (November 27, 2000). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- ALMA MORENO IN "ALINDOG"- TV SHOW CIRCA 1976. video48.blogspot.com (July 15, 2009)
- Video on YouTube
- Re-elected Parañaque councilor Alma Moreno says she never stops any man from leaving her | News | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz. PEP.ph. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- Probable cause to charge Alma Moreno for bouncing checks Archived September 27, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. inquirer.net
- gmanews.tv, Alma Moreno sued over bouncing checks. Gmanews.tv (September 24, 2008). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- Zamboanga Today Online, the most read newspaper in Zamboanga City | The political transformation of Alma Moreno: from showbiz to politics. Zamboangatoday.ph (May 30, 2012). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- Alma Moreno forgoes Senate bid due to multiple sclerosis; undergoes stem cell therapy | News | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz. PEP.ph. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- "Alma Moreno, princess in Binay's Senate line-up". ABS-CBN News. July 30, 2015.
- "Alma Moreno: MS not an issue in senatorial bid". ABS-CBNNews.com. November 11, 2015. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- Video 48: RUDY FERNANDEZ AND ALMA MORENO IN "BABALIK KA RIN" (1981). Video48.blogspot.com (July 27, 2011). Retrieved on 2016-06-24.
- Ramos, N. R. (July 14, 2012) Alma Recalls Love Story Shared With Dolphy. mb.com.ph
- FunFare with Ricardo F. Lo. philstar.com. Retrieved on 24 June 2016.
- Alma Moreno's new husband reportedly has another family | News | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz. PEP.ph. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- Alma Moreno says marriage to Salic still strong. ABS-CBN News (April 17, 2011). Retrieved on June 24, 2016.