Allerton, West Yorkshire
Allerton was recorded in the Domesday Book as Wilsden-cum-Allerton. The local residents of the suburb pronounce it Ollerton 'Ol' rather than 'Al'.
Chellow Dene is a local beauty spot at the north of Allerton. It is a wooded valley with two Victorian reservoirs, and is a haven for local wildlife.
Allerton has been within the boundaries of the City of Bradford metropolitan borough since 1974 as part of the Thornton and Allerton electoral ward. It falls within the parliamentary constituency of Bradford West.
- "Allerton". Eagle Media Publishing Limited. Retrieved 28 November 2009.
- "CAC". Archived from the original on 24 August 2007.
- Watson, Elaine (1 July 2007). "Crispy business". Food Manufacture. Archived from the original on 11 October 2007. Retrieved 28 November 2009.
- "Thornton and Allerton ward" (PDF). bradford.gov.uk. Bradford Council. March 2016. p. 1. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- "Elections 2015". Bradford Telegraph and Argus. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
|This West Yorkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|