Allen Shapiro is CEO of dick clark productions (dcp) and Managing Partner of Mosaic Media Investment Partners. Shapiro serves as Executive Producer on dcp's flagship programming including the “American Music Awards,” “Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest,” “Golden Globe Awards,” “Academy of Country Music Awards,” “So You Think You Can Dance,” "Billboard Music Awards" and the "Hollywood Film Awards," in addition to overseeing the development, production and licensing of the company’s other properties.
In 2013, Mr. Shapiro and Keshet International’s managing director Alon Shtruzman, formed a joint venture called Keshet DCP, which will serve as a platform for the two companies to jointly finance, develop and produce unscripted television programming in English and Spanish for U.S. and worldwide audiences. One of the first shows Keshet DCP is looking to exploit is Rising Star, a live talent show that incorporates real-time audience voting through a downloadable app. In January 2014 under Shapiro’s leadership, DCP announced a multi-year television agreement with CBS to broadcast the “Hollywood Film Awards.”
In 2004, Mr. Shapiro facilitated the leveraged buyout of dcp from Dick Clark, and became CEO of the company. Three years later, dcp was successfully sold to RedZone Capital Management in June 2007. In October 2012, Mr. Shapiro once again became CEO of Dick Clark Productions after the company was purchased from Redzone Capital Management by Guggenheim Partners, Mandalay Entertainment and Mosaic Media Investment Partners.
In 2015, Shapiro was featured on Billboard's first-ever TV's Top Music Power Players List,  and was #25 on the Billboard Power 100 List of the most influential people in the music business.  In 2014, Shapiro debuted at #26 on the Billboard Power 100 List.
Mosaic Media GroupEdit
- Rollerball (2002)
- Scooby-Doo (2002)
- Bulletproof Monk (2003)
- Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004)
- The Brothers Grimm (2005)
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)
- Idlewild (2006)
- Live! (2007)
- The Bank Job (2008)
- What Happens in Vegas (2008)
- Get Smart (2008)
- Step Brothers (2008)
- Land of the Lost (2009)
- She's Out of My League (2010)
- The Other Guys (2010)
- Bad Teacher (2011)
- The Lazarus Effect (2015)
- Holmes and Watson (2018)
In 1983, Allen Shapiro joined, and subsequently became a partner at, the law firm Gipson Hoffman & Pancione. The firm represented numerous entertainment clients including Robert Redford, Sean Connery, and Miramax. Shapiro also headed the music practice of Kaplan, Livingston, Goodwin, Berkowitz & Selvin, and specialized in music and entertainment law in private practice.
Allen Shapiro’s professional career began in his hometown of Chicago, IL in the Office of the General Counsel at Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
Mr. Shapiro is also the Managing Partner of Mosaic Media Investment Partners, and is the founder and former President of Mosaic Media Group. Mosaic Media was formed as a talent management company representing such artists as Will Ferrell, Jim Carrey, Green Day, and Alanis Morissette; and as a production company producing such films as "Get Smart" and "The Dark Knight." In addition to dcp, Mosaic Media bought and sold Hamstein Music Group, owner of the ZZ Top and Clint Black catalogues; and Daksel Seldak Music, owner of the Aerosmith catalogue. Mosaic Media Investment Partners also recently acquired the TIME LIFE infomercial business.
As former Chairman of TV Guide Network and TVGuide.com, Mr. Shapiro was responsible for steering TV Guide’s overall business strategy, while also overseeing its P&L operations and long-term growth.
Prior to joining Mosaic, Mr. Shapiro served as President / CEO of The IndieProd Company, where he arranged the sale of the Company to Carolco Pictures Inc. While at IndieProd, the company produced numerous films and television shows including "Universal Soldier," "Air America," "Roxanne," "L.A. Story," "Footloose" and "All That Jazz."
Allen Shapiro resides in Los Angeles, CA.
- Protess, Ben (September 4, 2012). "Dick Clark Productions Sold to Guggenheim Partners". New York Times.
- Barnes, Brooks (January 9, 2014). "Awards Shows Help Clark Productions Bounce Back". New York Times.
- Bond, Paul (October 2, 2013). "Dick Clark Productions' Parent Company Forms Joint Venture With Keshet International". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Goldberg, Lesley (January 9, 2014). "CBS Inks Multiyear Deal to Air 'Hollywood Film Awards'". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Associated Press (September 4, 2012). "Snyder private equity firm selling Dick Clark Productions". The Washington Times.
- Billboard Staff (September 17, 2015). "Billboard's First-Ever TV's Top Music Power Players List Revealed". Billboard Magazine.
- Billboard Staff (February 5, 2015). "Michael Mahan & Allen Shapiro: The 2015 Billboard Power 100". Billboard Magazine.
- Gallo, Phil (January 16, 2014). "Allen Shapiro & Michael Mahan: The 2014 Billboard Power 100". Billboard Magazine.
- Schneider, Michael (December 18, 2008). "Shapiro Buys TV Guide Network". Variety.