|Born||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|Medium||Television, theater, film|
|Education||St. Thomas More Catholic Secondary School|
|Alma mater||western university, york university (masters in theatre)|
|Notable works and roles||Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, the Atomic Fireballs|
Harkin wrote the comedy play Real Estate, which premiered at Theatre Collingwood and later became very successful at Theatre Aquarius. She is also a former member of all-female comedy troupe the Atomic Fireballs. It was through this troupe that Harkin first met Samantha Bee, who was its co-founder. Bee and Harkin later collaborated on the parenting blog "Eating Over the Sink" for the website Babble.com, and have since been described as "best friends".
When Bee later became the host of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, she called Harkin immediately to ask her to work on the show's staff. Harkin is currently the producer of, and a correspondent on, this show. Harkin is also a sometime film actress, having appeared in both The Birder (2014) and Patch Town (2015).
- Smith, Gary (2016-05-17). "Allana Harkin's Real Estate has come home to Port Dover". Hamilton Spectator.
- "Allana Harkin". Playwrights Canada Press.
- Duca, Lauren (2016-02-08). "The Rise and Rise of Samantha Bee". Vulture.
- Traister, Rebecca (2016-01-25). "Smirking in the Boys' Room". New York Magazine.
- Weaver, Hilary (2016-04-20). "Samantha Bee and Her Producer Are All About 'Friendship Time'". New York Magazine.
- Kruger, Pamela (2016-04-20). "Samantha Bee Talks About How She Avoided White Dude Comedy". Fortune.
- Jung, E. Alex (2016-08-02). "Samantha Bee Sends Out a Full Frontal Correspondent to Understand 'Bernie or Bust' Supporters". Vulture.
- Wilner, Norman (2014-05-22). "The Birder Review". Now Toronto.
- "Patch Town Cast". Movieweb.