This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018)
The All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, commonly known as AIISH (AYE-SH), is located in Manasagangotri (Mysore University Campus), Mysore, India. It is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The institute was established in 1966 with a focus on training professionals for speech and hearing sciences.
AIISH also conducts research in speech-language pathology, audiology, speech sciences, and hearing sciences. Some of the current research activities focus on early identification and genetics of hearing impairment, effectiveness of intervention strategies, development of assessment materials for Indian languages, and speech speaker recognition. It has developed normative data for speech and language acquisition in children for various Indian languages and established a research fund from which small grants are awarded to specialists working in fields such as neurology, genetics, epidemiology, linguistics, otolaryngology, clinical psychology and pediatrics. It also publishes a yearly scholarly journal
AIISH has been recognized as a center of excellence in the area of deafness by World Health Organization (WHO). It has also received recognition from the University Grants Commission (UGC) as a center for advanced research and from the Department of Science & Technology (DST) as a Science and Technology Institute.
AIISH provides clinical services for speech, language, and hearing disorders through its clinical service program. The therapy clinic provides assessment and intervention services, for variety of speech, language, and hearing disorders, to individuals of all ages. It also offers public education programs and conducts workshops for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, educators for the hearing impaired, medical, and allied health professionals.
- "Institute seeks deemed university status". The Hindu. 10 August 2009. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- "All India Institute of Speech and Hearing". minglebox.com. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "All India Institute of Speech and Hearing". punarbhava.in. Archived from the original on 27 November 2015. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Speech and Hearing in India, SLP Sanjay Kumar with media talking on Puberphonia". youtube.com. Archived from the original on 14 December 2021. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- Bennur, Shankar (1 August 2018). "Five research centres coming up at AIISH". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- Videos both before and after treatment by a Speech Language Pathologist and an alumnus of this Institute at Youtube
- All India Institute of Speech and Hearing