All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur (AIIMS Nagpur) is a medical research public higher education institute located in the Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. It is one of the four "Phase-IV" All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) announced in July 2014. It started operation in 2018 from a temporary campus in Nagpur.
Motto in English
|Everything can be achieved with Good Health|
|President||P. K. Dave|
On July 2014, in the budget speech for 2014-15, the Minister of Finance Arun Jaitley announced a budget of ₹500 crore (equivalent to ₹597 crore or US$84 million in 2018) for setting up four new AIIMS, in Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, the Vidarbha region of Maharashtra and the Purvanchal region in Uttar Pradesh, the so called "Phase-IV" institutes. In October 2015 the AIIMS at Nagpur was approved by the cabinet at a cost of ₹1,577 crore (equivalent to ₹18 billion or US$250 million in 2018). Construction work on the permanent campus started in September 2017. Meanwhile, AIIMS Nagpur has commenced the academic session 2018-19 from temporary campus at Government Medical College and Hospital, Nagpur.
- "Administration". www.aiimsnagpur.edu.in. All India Institute of Medical Science Nagpur. Retrieved 17 November 2019.
- "Appointment of Director, AIIMS cleared". indianmandarins.com. 5 October 2018. Retrieved 11 November 2018.
- "5 more IIMs, IITs and four more AIIMS to be set up". Hindustan Times. 10 July 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- "Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY)". Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Retrieved 11 November 2018.
- Ganjapure, Vaibhav (3 June 2018). "AIIMS classes to begin from August at GMCH". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
|This article about a university or college in Maharashtra, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|