All India Bar Examination is an examination conducted by Bar Council of India for law graduates willing to start practice of Lawyer. The candidate will be awarded certificate of practice after clearing the examination and is eligible to practice in any court in India. The exam is conducted in 53 cities of India in national and regional languages.
|Type||Objective Type with Open Book|
|Developer / administrator||Bar Council of India|
|Knowledge / skills tested||Legal Topics|
|Purpose||practice of Lawyer|
|Offered||once a year|
|Restrictions on attempts||No Limits|
|Countries / regions||India|
|Languages||12 Languages with English,Hindi and Regional Languages|
|Prerequisites / eligibility criteria||Must complete Bachelor degree in Law and enrolled into any State Bar Council.|
All India Bar Examination is certification exam conducted once a year by Bar Council of India for law graduates willing to start practice of profession as Lawyer. The exam is conducted in 53 cities having 261 centres as an open book exam. The exam is conducted to assess basic level knowledge of a member and lay down minimum benchmark for entering into practice of law in addition to assessing candidate's analytical skills. After clearing All India Bar Examination, the candidate is awarded certificate of practice by Bar Council of India. Qualified member in the exam can attend court hearings in any tribunals courts and administrative bodies. The exam is in multi-choice model and conducted offline in 3 and half hours duration.
All India Bar Examination can be attended on below eligibility:
- Members should hold a law degree (3-Year/5-Year) from a recognised institute of law approved by the Bar Council of India.
- Should have been registered with their respective State Bar Councils.
- No upper age limit for appearing in the exam.
AIBE eligibility criteria refers to the minimum academic qualification a seeker must retain, age limit, and State Bar Council Enrollment etc. BCI permits handiest the ones applicants who meet all of the eligibility standards of AIBE exam.
All India Bar Examination can be attended after completion of below procedures by eligible candidates:
- All India Bar Examination Registration.
- Applying before last date for appearing in All India Bar Examination.
- Attending Exam.
- All India Bar Examination Provisional Answer Key is released.
- Any discrepancies in Provisional Answer Key can be challenged before last date for the same.
- Results announcements by Bar Council of India.
Above schedule will be followed annually for All India Bar Examination.
See also Edit
- Chaudhuri, Aveek Pal. "All India Bar Examination (AIBE) - Eligibility, Important Dates and Exam Guidelines". thehighereducationreview.com. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- Banchariya, Sheetal (31 October 2021). "BCI's rule relaxation likely to make qualifying All India Bar Exam easier". indianexpress.com. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- "The-India-bar-exam-a-regulators-rocky-road". livemint.com. 27 December 2012. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- "BCI to Announce All India Bar Examination Result in February First Week". news18.com. 20 January 2022. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- Hazarika, Tanzim (7 September 2021). "AIBE Overview". jagranjosh.com. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- "BCI releases dates for All India Bar Exams". tribuneindia.com. 21 December 2021.
- "AIBE XVI exam to be held on Oct 31: Important notice released for AIBE XVI aspirants". indiatoday.in. 25 October 2021. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- "AIBE XVI admit cards released, direct link to download hall tickets". hindustantimes. 11 October 2021. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- Jaiswal, Sakshi (8 October 2021). "Set the 'Bar' high". The Hindu. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- "AIBE Application Form 2022 – Check AIBE Registration, Eligibility, Dates, Pattern, Fees, Apply Online at allindiabarexamination.com". news235.com. 21 January 2022. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- "AIBE eligibility criteria".
- "Next All India Bar Examination to be held on October 24". Times of India. 18 August 2021. Retrieved 21 January 2022.
- "aibe-16-answer-key-likely-to-be-released-today-here-s-how-to-download". livemint.com. 5 November 2021. Retrieved 21 January 2022.