Aliw Broadcasting Corporation is a Philippine broadcasting company. Its corporate office and studios are located at the 5th floor of Citystate Centre, 709 Shaw Blvd., Brgy. Oranbo, Pasig. It is one of the broadcast media assets of the ALC Group of Companies, alongside RPN and Nine Media. Aliw operates a number of radio stations under the Home Radio & DWIZ brands, as well as its only digital television and cable channel, ALIW Channel 23.
|Founded||May 12, 1991|
|Headquarters||Citystate Centre, 709 Shaw Boulevard, Brgy. Oranbo, Pasig, Philippines|
|Parent||ALC Group of Companies|
Aliw was established on May 12, 1991, with the acquisition of DWIZ from Manila Broadcasting Company. The station would later on become among the top-rated news and talk stations in Metro Manila. A year later, it established a number of FM stations across the country. These stations would be later known as Home Radio.
On May 3, 2016, Philippine President Benigno S. Aquino III signed Republic Act No. 10790, an act amending the franchise of Aliw Broadcasting Corporation and Renewing/Extending the term thereof to another twenty-five (25) years that shall take effect on April 13, 2017.
On January 5, 2022, the National Telecommunications Commission awarded Channel 23 to Aliw Broadcasting Corporation under a provisional authority license. The channel was formerly used by Studio 23 and S+A of ABS-CBN Corporation. This marks Aliw's venture into television. On May 6, 2022, the channel launched its broadcast with a live video feed of DWIZ, in which it would be later known as IZTV. On January 30, 2023, it was relaunched as ALIW Channel 23.
On January 30, 2023, Home Radio's provincial stations were relaunched under the DWIZ Regional Integrated News network.
Awards and recognitionEdit
The year 2014 served as a milestone for the station as it received several recognitions:
- Most Outstanding Radio Station of the Year awarded by the Rotary Club of Manila
- Best Magazine Program awarded to Siyasat by the KBP Golden Dove Awards
- Citation in the Best AM Radio Station category in the KBP Golden Dove Awards
Awards and recognition for the first half of 2015:
- Best Station Radio Category by the Universal Peace Federation
- Gawad Ulat for Most Supportive Radio Station by the Department of Social Welfare and Development
- Best Documentary Program awarded to Siyasat by the KBP Golden Dove Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award by the KBP Golden Dove Awards given to Ambassador Antonio Cabangon-Chua – founder and chairman emeritus of Aliw Broadcasting Corporation
- Journalism Awardee of the Year by the Rotary Club of Manila given to Ambassador Cabangon-Chua – founder and chairman emeritus
|Callsign||Ch. #||Frequency||Power||Area of Coverage|
|(Provisional authority)||23 (digital test broadcast)||527.143 MHz||5,000 watts||Metro Manila|
|23.01||1080i||16:9||ALIW 23 HD||DWIZ (Main DWIZ-AM programming)||Test broadcast|
|23.02||480i||ALIW 23 SD|
The following is a list of radio stations owned By Aliw.
|DWIZ 882||DWIZ-AM||882 kHz||50 kW||Metro Manila|
|DWIZ Dagupan||DWIZ-FM||89.3 MHz||10 kW||Dagupan|
|DWIZ Naga||DWQJ||95.1 MHz||10 kW||Naga|
|DWIZ Legazpi||DWQA||92.3 MHz||10 kW||Legazpi|
|DWIZ Palawan||DWAN||94.3 MHz||10 kW||Puerto Princesa|
|DWIZ Iloilo||DYQN||89.5 MHz||10 kW||Iloilo City|
|DWIZ Cebu||DYQC||106.7 MHz||10 kW||Cebu City|
|DWIZ Lamrag Radio||DYAW||89.5 MHz||10 kW||Tacloban|
|DWIZ Cagayan de Oro||DXQR||93.5 MHz||10 kW||Cagayan de Oro|
|DWIZ Davao||DXQM||98.7 MHz||10 kW||Davao City|
|DWIZ General Santos||DXQS||98.3 MHz||10 kW||General Santos|
|Home Radio||DWQZ||97.9 MHz||25 kW||Metro Manila|
- ^ "Aliw Broadcasting Corporation". KBP. Archived from the original on July 10, 2019. Retrieved December 9, 2019.
- ^ "An Act Granting the Aliw Broadcasting Corporation a Franchise to Install, Construct, Operate and Maintain Commercial Radio and Television Broadcasting Stations Throughout the Philippines [Republic Act No. 7399]". The Corpus Juris. Archived from the original on March 19, 2023. Retrieved December 9, 2019.
- ^ "ALIW BROADCASTING CORPORATION @ 28". Pilipino Mirror. May 16, 2019. Archived from the original on October 3, 2019. Retrieved December 9, 2019.
- ^ "Republic Act No. 10790". lawphil.net. May 3, 2016. Archived from the original on August 27, 2022. Retrieved March 19, 2023.
- ^ "Duterte adviser, Aliw also get ABS-CBN channels". BusinessWorld. January 27, 2022. Archived from the original on May 21, 2022. Retrieved July 15, 2022.
- ^ De Guzman, Warren (January 26, 2022). "NTC allows DWIZ operator Aliw Broadcasting to use Channel 23". ABS-CBN News. Archived from the original on January 26, 2022. Retrieved January 26, 2022.
- ^ Dela Cruz, Raymond Carl (January 26, 2022). "NTC allows 2 firms to use channels formerly used by ABS-CBN". Philippine News Agency. Archived from the original on January 27, 2022. Retrieved January 26, 2022.
- ^ Manuel, Pilar (January 26, 2022). "Quiboloy network, Aliw Broadcasting bag other ABS-CBN frequencies". CNN Philippines. Archived from the original on January 26, 2022. Retrieved January 26, 2022.
- ^ Celario, Eunice; Cambri, Susan (January 30, 2023). "Pagbabago sa DWI,Z Kaabang-abang". Filipino Mirror. Archived from the original on January 30, 2023. Retrieved January 30, 2023.
- ^ "NTC AM Radio Stations via FOI website" (PDF). foi.gov.ph. August 23, 2022. Archived (PDF) from the original on August 12, 2022. Retrieved August 23, 2022.
- ^ "NTC FM Stations via FOI website" (PDF). foi.gov.ph. August 23, 2022. Archived (PDF) from the original on August 13, 2022. Retrieved August 23, 2022.