Alison Johnstone (born 11 October 1965) is a Scottish politician, the Green MSP for the Lothian region. She also served as a councillor for the Meadows/Morningside ward for The City of Edinburgh Council from 2007 until May 2012.
|Member of the Scottish Parliament|
(1 of 7 Regional MSPs)
|Assumed office |
6 May 2011
|Born||11 October 1965 |
|Political party||Scottish Green Party|
From 1999, Johnstone worked as an assistant to Robin Harper, a position she held until he stood down and she was elected in May 2011 to the Scottish Parliament.
Johnstone is from Edinburgh and has a husband and young daughter.
- Chris Marshall and Carla Gray (7 May 2011). "Scottish Parliament election: Profiles of the candidates elected to serve in Edinburgh". Edinburgh Evening News. Archived from the original on 9 May 2011. Retrieved 7 May 2011.
- Lindsey Johnstone (6 May 2011). "Scotland fails to go Green - Herald Scotland | News | Election 2011". Herald Scotland. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "New co-leader for Scottish Greens". BBC News. BBC. 24 September 2007.
- "Scottish Greens appoint Alison Johnstone as new co-leader". BBC News. 3 March 2019. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- Edinburgh Greens. "Alison Johnstone". edinburghgreens.org.uk. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Ten Questions: Alison Johnstone". Edinburgh Evening News. edinburghnews.scotsman.com. 3 October 2008. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- Alison Johnstone on Twitter
- profile on Scottish Green Party
- Alison Johnstone's MSP website
- Scottish Parliament page
- profile on Edinburgh Greens
|Party political offices|
| Co-Convenor of the Scottish Green Party
with Robin Harper