Alison Davis-Blake (born November 5, 1958) is the eighth president of Bentley University. Before Bentley, she served as dean of the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota and of the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan. At Ross, Davis-Blake was the school’s first female dean, and at the time of her appointment she was the highest-ranking female dean at any U.S. business school.
|8th President of Bentley University|
|Assumed office |
July 1, 2018
|Preceded by||Gloria Cordes Larson|
|Born||November 5, 1958 (age 60)|
Palo Alto, California
|Alma mater||Brigham Young University|
Davis-Blake was born on November 5, 1958 in Palo Alto, California. She grew up in the Minneapolis–Saint Paul area of Minnesota. Her father was a professor of information systems at the University of Minnesota.
Davis-Blake received her B.S. in Economics (summa cum laude and with highest (University) honors) in 1979 from Brigham Young University. After working at Touche Ross, she earned a M.O.B. from the University's Marriott School of Management in 1982. In 1986, she received a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from Stanford University.
In 1990, Davis-Blake was hired by the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin as an associate professor. She was promoted to Chair of the Management Department, and in 2003 became the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
On February 14, 2011, it was announced that Davis-Blake would become the new Dean of the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, succeeding Robert J. Dolan. Davis-Blake served as Dean from July 1, 2011, to July 1, 2016. She was succeeded by Scott DeRue.
- Bingham, Megan (Winter 2012). "In Good Company". Marriott Alumni Magazine. Brigham Young University: 4–7.
- "Profile Page of Davis-Blake". University of Minnesota. Retrieved 2008-05-26.[dead link]
- "Former McCombs Prof Named Dean at Michigan's Ross School - McCombs TODAY". www.today.mccombs.utexas.edu.
- "Alison Davis-Blake Named New Dean of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management". The University of Texas at Austin. 2005-07-11. Archived from the original on 2008-11-20. Retrieved 2008-05-26.
- "Carlson School Magazine" (PDF). assets.csom.umn.edu. 2006.
- Moules, Jonathan (September 11, 2016). "Scott DeRue of Ross School of Business is more student than head". Financial Times. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
- University, Bentley. "Bentley University Names Michigan's Alison Davis-Blake Its 8th President". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-03-01.