This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alinea is a restaurant in Chicago, Illinois, United States. In 2010, Alinea was awarded three stars from the Michelin Guide. As of December 20, 2017, Alinea is the only Chicago restaurant to retain a three-star status, Michelin’s highest accolade.
The exterior of the restaurant is nondescript
|Current owner(s)||Grant Achatz|
|Head chef||Grant Achatz|
|Food type||Molecular gastronomy|
|Rating||(Michelin Guide). Voted 6th best restaurant in the world by Restaurant Magazine 2011|
|Street address||1723 North Halsted St.|
In October 2008, chef and owner Grant Achatz and co-author Nick Kokonas published Alinea (ISBN 1-58008-928-3 ISBN 978-1-58008-928-9), a hardcover coffee-table book featuring more than 100 of the restaurant's recipes.
In November 2010, Alinea was awarded three Michelin stars, making it one of only two such restaurants in Chicago at the time, along with L2O.
On January 1, 2016, Alinea closed temporarily for renovations. The restaurant planned to operate pop-up restaurants worldwide before reopening on May 20, 2016 after an extensive remodel and a complete overhaul of the menu.
Alinea received the AAA Five Diamond Award, the highest level of recognition given by the AAA, from 2007 to 2017. It ranked ninth on the S. Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants List, second only to Eleven Madison Park in the US. As of 2017, Alinea is the only Michelin Guide 3-star restaurant in Chicago. Alinea received the 2016 James Beard Foundation Award for Outstanding Restaurant.
On June 14, 2016, Alinea was ranked 15th among the World's 50 Best Restaurants, an increase of 11 spots from 2015. In October 2016, TripAdvisor named it the number one fine dining restaurant in the United States, and one of the 10 best restaurants in the world.
- Davey, Monica (November 16, 2010). "A Hurried Announcement for a New Michelin City". The New York Times. Retrieved December 12, 2010.
- Sifton, Sam (November 17, 2010). "At Alinea, Three Stars Come With a Mischievous Taste of Autumn". The New York Times. Retrieved January 10, 2011.
- Michelin trims star list to 25 restaurants for Chicago Reuters OCTOBER 20, 2017
- "Moto Restaurant Sold to Alinea Group After Chef Homaro Cantu's Death". 5NBC Chicago. 22 January 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- Todd, Anthony (October 13, 2015). "Alinea Is Closing For Renovations And Taking Chef Achatz On The Road". Chicagoist. Archived from the original on May 4, 2016. Retrieved April 21, 2016.
- Pang, Kevin (13 Oct 2015). "Alinea closes for renovation Jan. 1, plans pop-ups in Madrid and Miami". Chicago Tribune. Tribune Publishing Company. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- Freeman, Sarah. "Alinea 2.0: Reinventing One of the World's Best Restaurants". Chicago Eater. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- PR Newswire Michelin Releases Fourth Edition Of Its Famed Guide To Chicago's Great Restaurants, November 12, 2013
- "Awards Search - James Beard Foundation".
- Sutton, Ryan (June 13, 2016). "The World's 50 Best Restaurants 2016: The Full List of Winners". Eater.
- Lippe-McGraw, Jordi. "Here are the best restaurants in the US (bargains included!)". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- Alinea at theworlds50best.com Accessed 2017