Ali Nuhu Mohammed (born 15 March 1974) is a Nigerian actor, producer, director, dancer and script writer. He acts in both Hausa and English movies and is sometimes called the "King of Kannywood" by the media, Kannywood referring to the Hausa film industry headquartered in Kano, Nigeria. 
|Born||Ali Nuhu Mohammed
15 March 1974 
Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
|Alma mater||University of Jos|
|Occupation||Film Actor, Producer, Dancer, Script Writer|
Early life and educationEdit
Nuhu was born in Maiduguri, Borno State, in northeastern Nigeria. His father Nuhu Poloma hailed from Balanga town of Gombe State and his mother Fatima Karderam Digema from Bama village of Borno State. He grew up in Kano, Kano State. After High school education he received bachelors of Art degree in Geography from the University of Jos. He did his National Service in Ibadan, Oyo State. He later attended University of Southern California for a course in film production and cinematic arts.
Ali Nuhu entered the Hausa film industry in 1999 as an actor and appeared in over 160 Hausa movies and 110 English movies. He participated in a film training program at the Asian School of Media Studies in Noida, New Delhi, India.
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ali Nuhu's filmography include:
|2012||Last Flight to Abuja||Actor||Drama||Nollywood Film Factory|
|2013||Blood and Henna||Actor||Drama||Newage Networks|
|2013||Confusion Na Wa||Actor||Drama||Cinema KpataKpata|
|2017||Banana Island Ghost||Actor||Drama|
Awards and nominationsEdit
This section includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nuhu is one of the most decorated actors in the Hausa Cinema. Nuhu won the Best Upcoming Actor award at the 3rd Africa Movie Academy Awards. He was nominated as the Best Actor in a supporting role at the 9th Africa Movie Academy Awards and won Best Actor in a film at the 2013 Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
|2005||Arewa Films Award||Best Actor||Razani||Won|
|2007||3rd Africa Movie Academy Awards||Best Upcoming Actor award||Sitanda||Won|
|2008||The Future Award||Best Actor||Won|
|2011||Zulu African Film Academy Awards||Best Indigenous Actor||Carbin Kwai||Won|
|2012||Best of Nollywood Awards||Best Actor (Hausa)||Madubin Dubawa||Won|
|2013||9th Africa Movie Academy Awards||Best Actor in a supporting role||Blood and Henna||Nominated|
|2013||Nigeria Entertainment Awards||Best Actor||Confusion Na Wa||Won|
|2013||Best of Nollywood Awards||Best Actor (Hausa)||Wani Hanin||Won|
|2013||City People Entertainment Awards||Kannywood Face||Won|
|2014||Kannywood Awards||Best Actor||Matan Gida||Won|
|2014||Leadership Awards||Best Artiste||Won|
|2014||City People Entertainment Awards||Best Actor||Won|
|2014||City People Entertainment Awards||Recognition Award||Won|
|2014||Arewa Music and Movie Awards||Pride of Kannywood||Won|
|2014||Arewa Music and Movie Awards||Best Actor||Popular Choice Award||Won|
|2015||19th African Film Awards||Best Outstanding Actor||Afro Hollywood Awards||Won|
|2015||Best of Nollywood Awards||Best Actor (Hausa)||Jinin Jikina||Won|
|2015||Kannywood Awards||Best Actor||Popular Choice Awards||Won|
|2015||City People Entertainment Awards||Kannywood Personality||Won|
|2016||Best of Nollywood Awards||Best Actor (Hausa)||Gamu nan dai||Won|
|2016||Arewa Music and Movie Awards||Best Actor||Nasibi||Won|
|2016||Kannywood Awards||Best Actor||Nasibi||Nominated|
|2016||City People Entertainment Awards||Kannywood Face||Won|
|2016||Arewa Creative Industry Awards||Entertainment Award||Won|
|2017||Northern Nigeria Peace Awards||Northern Nigeria Actor of the Year||Won|
Other Recognition includes:
- Best Actor Hausa THE AFROHOLLYWOOD AWARD in London
- "Actors -Ali Nuhu". hausafilms.tv. Hausa Films TV. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "About Ali Nuhu". thenet.ng. The Trent Nigeria. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Abin da ya sa ba za a saki faya-fayen fim din Mansoor yanzu ba- Ali Nuhu". bbc.com/hausa. BBC. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Ali Nuhu ya bude yshafin yanar gizo". Ibrahim Sheme. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Yaushe Ali Nuhu zai daina rawa da waka a fim?". bbc.com/hausa. BBC. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Fina-Finan Hausa Ne Jigo Na, Inji Ali Nuhu". voahausa.com. Voice of America. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Ali Nuhu returns to school". premiumtimesng.com. Premium Times. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Ali Nuhu, Adam Zango, others win awards in London". premiumtimesng.com. Premium Times. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Cherie Noodles unveils Ali Nuhu, Aishat Aliyu Tsamiya as Brand Ambassadors". guadian.ng. The Guardian. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "An karrama Ali Nuhu da Adam Zango a London". bbc.com/hausa. BBC. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Ali Nuhu ya nemi gafarar mutane". bbc.com/hausa. BBC. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Kannywood". bbc.com/hausa. BBC. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Yanzu Jama'a Sun Fara Fahimta Da Rungumar Ayyukanmu-In Ji Jarumi Ali Nuhu". voahausa.com. Voice of America. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Ali Nuhu Biography". alinuhu.net. Ali Nuhu. Retrieved 13 October 2017.
- "Sharia Affected Cinema Culture In Northern Nigeria – Nuhu". leadership.ng. Leadership Newspaper. Retrieved 13 October 2017.