Alexandra Dowling (born 22 May 1989) is an English actress best known for her lead role as Queen Anne in the BBC One historical action drama series The Musketeers, which is based on the characters in The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. She is also known for her guest starring role as Roslin Frey in HBO's Game of Thrones.
|Born||22 May 1989|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
Dowling guest starred in "The Rains of Castamere", the ninth episode of the third season of HBO's fantasy television series Game of Thrones as Roslin Frey. She also starred in "Elephants Can Remember" in the thirteenth series of ITV's Agatha Christie's Poirot, adapted from Agatha Christie's novel of the same name. This episode was aired on 9 June 2013, and starring Zoë Wanamaker, Vanessa Kirby and David Suchet.
Dowling played the female lead Agnes in the epic action film Hammer of the Gods, also starring James Cosmo. The film is directed by Farren Blackburn and was released on 5 July 2013. The film tells the story of a dying Viking king who sends his son on a quest to seek out his older brother, the clan's only hope for defeating an approaching enemy horde.
She is known for her role as Queen Anne in the BBC One drama series The Musketeers, based on Alexandre Dumas's novel The Three Musketeers, about French political intrigues in the early 17th century.
On 15 December 2014 it was announced that Dowling was in the running for the female lead role in the upcoming fifth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean, alongside Kaya Scodelario, Gabriella Wilde, Lucy Boynton and Jenna Thiam, who are also in the running for that role. The role, however, went to Scodelario, as confirmed by producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
Dowling portrayed Bertha in Joshua Stamp-Simon's stage adaption of St. John Emile Clavering Hankin's The Last of the De Mullins, which opened at Jermyn Street Theatre, London on 5 February and ended on 28 February 2015.
|2013||Hammer of the Gods||Agnes|
|2012||Merlin||Kara||Episode: "The Drawing of the Dark"|
|2013||Game of Thrones||Roslin Frey||Episode: "The Rains of Castamere"|
|Agatha Christie's Poirot||Marie McDermott||Episode: "Elephants Can Remember"|
|2014–16||The Musketeers||Queen Anne||Main cast|
|2015||The Last Of The De Mullins||Bertha||Jermyn Street Theatre|
|2016||I Have Been Here Before||Janet Ormund||Jermyn Street Theatre|
|2016||While The Sun Shines||Lady Elizabeth||Theatre Royal Bath|
|2017||A Lie Of The Mind||Beth||Southwark Playhouse|
|2018||Richard III and Romeo & Juliet||Lady Anne and Juliet||Shakespeare's Rose Theatre|
- "Alexandra Dowling". The Oxford School of Drama. 2012. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "'Merlin': New episode 'The Drawing of the Dark' review". Digital Spy. 2012-12-15. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "'Game of Thrones' casts Roslin Frey for season 3". Hypable. 11 November 2012. Archived from the original on 4 March 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "TV Trailer: 'Agatha Christie's Poirot: Elephants Can Remember' On ITV". TV Wise. 2013-06-05. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- "Hammer of the Gods". Magnolia Pictures. 2013-11-11. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "Alexandra Dowling on playing Queen Anne in The Musketeers". Cambridge News. 2014-01-25. Archived from the original on 23 February 2014. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 May Cast 1 Of These 5 Women". Cinema Blend. 16 December 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Five Actresses Eyed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 Role". Coming Soon. 15 December 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Scodelario confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5". Movie Hole. 26 January 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Kaya Scodelario lands female lead role in Pirates of the Caribbean 5". JBG News. 27 January 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Alexandra Dowling, Charlotte Powell, Roberta Taylor & Harriet Thorpe to Star in THE LAST OF THE DE MULLINS at Jermyn Street Theatre". Broadway World. 16 January 2015. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Game of Thrones to The Musketeers: Alexandra Dowling's fantasy world". The Resident. 5 February 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2015.