Alex Walker (footballer)
Alexander "Alex" Walker (born 25 April 1984) is a Scottish former professional footballer.
|Full name||Alexander Walker|
|Date of birth||25 April 1984|
|Place of birth||Bellshill, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2004||→ Clyde (loan)||15||(1)|
|2010||→ Brechin City (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 September 2011|
He began his career at Rangers, where he made 2 appearances. Walker made his senior league début in a 1–0 win over Motherwell at Fir Park, coming off the bench to replace Hamed Namouchi. Walker had a six-month loan spell at Clyde in which he made his Bully Wee début in a 1–0 victory at Broadwood Stadium against Ross County. During this time, Walker won the SFL young player of the month award for September 2004. After his short-term deal at Broadwood, Walker went to Sweden for a couple of months but decided to come back home. he joined Morton in July 2005. Walker made his Morton début in a 3–2 (AET) Challenge Cup win over Gretna, in which assistant boss at Morton, Derek Collins, and later-to-be teammate Ryan McGuffie played for the opposition. His senior league debut was the following week against Raith Rovers, in which Morton triumphed 2–0 in front of 3,222 fans. He signed a new contract in May 2009, for another year at Morton. Being out of contract in the summer, and struggling for fitness, Walker was loaned to Brechin City for three months in January 2010. Walker suffered a recurrence of a groin injury, where he underwent surgery but remained at Brechin until April. He was released at the end of the 2009–10 season. After his release from Morton, Walker decided to go part-time and was signed up by ex-manager Jim McInally at East Stirlingshire for the 2010–11 season.
- Greenock Morton
- "Motherwell 0–1 Rangers". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 16 September 2008.
- "Walker gets September award". BBC Sport. 5 October 2004. Retrieved 9 March 2009.
- "Morton bring in former SPL pair". BBC Sport. 10 July 2005. Retrieved 9 March 2009.
- "Morton 3–2 Gretna". Soccerbase. Retrieved 14 September 2008.
- "Morton 2–0 Raith". Soccerbase. Retrieved 19 November 2008.
- Graham, Roger (18 May 2009). "Walker, Wake get new deals for a season". Greenock Telegraph. Retrieved 18 May 2009.
- "Grady rates game 50–50". Greenock Telegraph. 15 January 2010. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- Mitchell, Steve (25 February 2010). "Duffy: "Look after fans and play in the summer"". Brechin Advertiser. Archived from the original on 20 July 2012. Retrieved 24 March 2010.
- Graham, Roger (18 May 2010). "Brian Graham signs new Ton deal". Greenock Telegraph. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- "Kean for Morton, Walker for Shire". BBC Sport. 30 June 2010.
- Alex Walker at Soccerbase