Ale (also known as Gawwada, Gauwada, Gawata, Kawwad'a, Kawwada) is an Afro-Asiatic language spoken in southern Ethiopia. It is a Dullay language. Varieties include Dihina, Gergere, Gollango (= Gaba?), Gorose, Harso; Blench (2006) considers these to be distinct languages.
|Region||Dirashe special woreda, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and People's Region|
|69,000 (2007 census)|
- Ale at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015) (subscription required)
- Blench, 2006. The Afro-Asiatic Languages: Classification and Reference List (ms)
- World Atlas of Language Structures information on Dullay (Gollango)
- Gawwada language topical vocabulary list (from the World Loanword Database)
- Yoshino, Hiroshi (2013). "Preliminary survey on 'Alle verbal system" (PDF). Studies in Ethiopian Languages. 2: 82–95.