The community is situated in the heart of Alden Township at the junction of Alden Road (County Highway V-12) and Illinois Route 173. The headwaters of Nippersink Creek originate at the High Point Unit of the McHenry County Conservation District, flowing to the southeast and east. In terms of geographic coordinates, the community is located at Coordinates: (42.4589075, -88.5178757) In terms of the Public Land Survey System, Alden is located within the Southeast Quarter of Section 15 and the Northeast Quarter of Section 23, Township 46 North, Range 6 East of the Third Principal Meridian. Alden is served by the Harvard, Illinois 60033 post office.
Points of interestEdit
A small commercial district is located at the highway junction. The Alden Township facility is just south of the community at 8515 Alden Road.
- Callary, Edward (29 September 2008). Place Names of Illinois. University of Illinois Press. p. 4. ISBN 978-0-252-09070-7.
- "McHenry County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- Alden, IL, Lat-Long.com. Retrieved on 2009-05-15.
- McHenry County Department of Planning and Development, McHenry County Base Map Archived 2011-07-19 at the Wayback Machine., 2009-06; McHenry County Division of Transportation[dead link], Official Highway Map, 2008; and Nippersink Creek Watershed Planning Committee, Nippersink Creek Watershed Plan
- Katherine C. Schultz, County of McHenry Clerk. Yearbook: McHenry County, Illinois, 2009-2010, Retrieved on 2009-05-15.
|This McHenry County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|