Location of Alborz within Iran
|• Total||5,833 km2 (2,252 sq mi)|
|• Density||470/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+03:30 (IRST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+04:30 (IRDT)|
Alborz Province was formed by division of Tehran Province into two provinces, after the Parliamentary approval on June 23, 2010, and was introduced as 31st province of Iran. In 2014 it was placed in Region 1.
Situated northwest of Tehran, the Province of Alborz has 6 counties, Karaj County, Savojbolagh County, Taleqan County, Eshtehard County, Fardis County and Nazarabad County. Karaj is the seat of the province. Alborz Province  is situated 35 km west of Tehran, at the foothills of the Alborz mountains, and is Iran's smallest province in area.
According to the National Census, in 2011 population of Alborz was 2,412,513 out of which 90.5% lived in urban areas.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Alborz (province).|
- "National census 2016". amar.org.ir. Retrieved 2017-03-14.
- Majlis extends term of councils, votes for new province, Tehran Times, Retrieved on 24 June 2010.
- "همشهری آنلاین-استانهای کشور به ۵ منطقه تقسیم شدند (Provinces were divided into 5 regions)". Hamshahri Online (in Persian). 22 June 2014 [1 Tir 1393, Jalaali]. Archived from the original on 23 June 2014.
- MPs vote for new province of Alborz Archived 2010-06-25 at the Wayback Machine, Khabaronline, Retrieved on 24 June 2010. (Persian)
- Selected Findings of National Population and Housing Census 2011 Archived 2013-05-31 at the Wayback Machine
|This Iran-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|