This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014)
Alberto Pineda Martinez (born April 19, 1961), is a Filipino actor, director, producer and baker.
Alberto Pineda Martinez
April 19, 1961
|Occupation(s)||Actor, director, producer|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (173 cm)|
(m. 1985; died 2015)
|Children||3; including Alfonso|
|Relatives||William Martinez (brother)|
He was born in Manila on April 19, 1961 to Bert Martinez, and Margarita Pineda.
Martinez began as a film actor. He took his first teleserye role as Glenn in the 1980 series Anna Liza on GMA Network. Martinez's character, Glenn was the suitor of the titular protagonist, Anna Liza which was portrayed by Julie Vega.
Martinez cites actor John Travolta's acting style as his basis on his own film roles. He describes Travolta as having a tongue-in-cheek style in acting as characterized in his roles in Face/Off, Broken Arrow and Battlefield Earth. Martinez praised Travolta for making his roles "shine" on the aforementioned films despite not portraying "natural characters". He also cited Christopher de Leon as his idol since he started his career in film acting.
In 1992, after taking a break from acting to raise his two children with Anna Lissa "Liezl" Sumilang in the United States, Martinez starred in the romantic drama film Yakapin Mo Akong Muli, which was a box office bomb.
In the television series Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin, he portrayed Ferdinand Fuentebuella who marries a woman from a rich family to save the wealth of his own family. On the eve of Martinez's character's wedding, Fuentebuella had a one-night stand with a prostitute (portrayed by Gina Alajar and gets her pregnant. Fuentebuella is reunited with his daughter, Catherine (portrayed by Angelika dela Cruz) five years later but again gets separated from each other. Throughout the series Fuentebuella is determined to reunite again with his daughter as his loveless marriage deteriorates. This role of a sympathetic character was deemed a deviation from Martinez's usual portrayal of hateful characters in films. Commenting on his role after being asked how does he chooses his role, Martinez says that the audience views the characters as role models which they would like to emulate. He says that he tries to incorporate positive values in his role yet he makes sure that the character he portrays remains flawed adding that he is "always looking for a dark twist".
Martinez starred as a downtrodden husband in the 2003 film Magnífico. He starred in the television series, Sa Piling Mo, together with Judy Ann Santos and Piolo Pascual which was shown on ABS-CBN. He also worked on the teleserye Maria Flordeluna in 2007 as the role of Gen. Leo Alicante. In 2009–2010, he worked on the teleserye May Bukas Pa, in the role of the antagonist turned protagonist Mayor Enrique Rodrigo. He played the role of Frank Crisanto on the teleserye Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo, alongside Kris Aquino, Kim Chiu, Gina Pareño, Coco Martin, and Gerald Anderson.
He directed the film Rosario which was shown at the 2010 Metro Manila Film Festival.
Martinez was part of cast for the 2012 film, Born to Love You. His next major appearance in a feature film would be in the 2021 adult drama film The Housemaid, although he also figured in a special role in Revirginized which starred Sharon Cuneta.
In 2021, he returns to GMA-7 as part of Las Hermanas.
In 2022, he returns to ABS-CBN as part of a new action series titled The Iron Heart starring Richard Gutierrez
His father, Bert Martínez, was a character actor during the 1960s. Albert was married to Liezl Sumilang from 1985, until her death in 2015. In the late 1980s, the couple owned up to 46 massage therapy clinics throughout California in the United States. They had three children: actor Alfonso Martinez, William Martínez and Ronnie Martinez.
|1981||Blue Jeans||Regal Films|
|Totoo Ba ang Tsismis|
|Bata Pa si Sabel||Candido|
|Bakit Ba Ganyan?||Albert|
|1982||First Kiss, First Love|
|Ito Ba ang Ating Mga Anak?|
|No Other Love|
|Diary of Cristina Gaston||Alberto|
|Story of Three Loves||Bernie|
|Santa Claus Is Coming to Town|
|Ang Boyfriend Kong Kano||Golden Dragon Film Productions|
|Mortal Sin||Regal Films|
|Daddy Knows Best||RVQ Productions|
|1984||Where Love Has Gone||Aldo Asuncion||Regal Films|
|Daddy's Little Darlings|
|1985||Lilac, Bulaklak sa Magdamag|
|Pahiram ng Ligaya||Golden Productions|
|1992||Yakapin Mo Akong Muli||Abel Lalugan||Regal Films|
|1994||Pangako ng Kahapon|
|Talahib at Rosas|
|1995||Minsan Pa: Kahit Konting Pagtingin 2||Benny De Guzman|
|The Grepor Butch Belgica Story||Ruben Umali||Viva Films|
|Muling Umawit ang Puso||Miguel|
|Dead Sure||Jake||Neo Films|
|Mumbaki||Carlos Bakayawan||Neo Films|
|1997||Nang Iniwan Mo Ako||Anton Marasigan||Viva Films|
|Gloria, Gloria Labandera|
|Rizal sa Dapitan||José Rizal|
|Buhay Mo'y Buhay Ko Rin||Anton Marasigan|
|Bata, Bata... Pa'no Ka Ginawa?||Ding|
|1999||Sidhi||Michael||Crown Seven Ventures|
|Scorpio Nights 2||Andrew Sales||Neo Films|
|Ekis: Walang Tatakas||Gene||Viva Films|
|Gusto Ko Nang Lumigaya||Orlando|
|2001||Abakada... Ina||Daniel||Viva Films|
|Yamashita: The Tiger's Treasure||Edmond/Emong||RoadRunner|
|2003||Magnifico||Gerry||Violett Film Productions|
|Captain Barbell||Lagablab||Premiere Entertainment Productions|
|2004||Anak Ka ng Tatay Mo|
|2007||I've Fallen for You||Jonathan||Star Cinema|
|2010||Rosario||Ship's captain||Cinemabuhay International|
|2012||Born to Love You||Charles Ronquillo||Star Cinema|
|2017||Ang Panday||Hari||Star Cinema|
|The Housemaid||William||Viva Films|
- Rosario (2010) – MMFF Entry "59th Famas Best Director (winner)"
|1980–1985||Anna Liza||Glenn Laxamana||[a] Support Role|
|1985||Oki Doki Doc||Guest|||
|1994||GMA Telesine Specials: Aishite Masu|
|1995||Oki Doki Doc||Albert||Guest Role|
|1998||Nagmamahal Pa Rin Sa'Yo||Ryan||Main Role|
|2000–2001||May Bukas Pa||Ramon Suarez||Main Role|
|2001–2002||Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin||Ferdinand Fuentebella||Support Role / Protagonist|
|2002–2003||Habang Kapiling Ka||Alejandro Javellana||Main Role / Antagonist|
|2003–2004||Twin Hearts||Ben Katigbac||Support Role|
|2006||Sa Piling Mo||Benicio Chuatoco|| Support Role / Antagonist|
|2006–2007||Komiks Presents: Da Adventures of Pedro Penduko||Juan Penduko|| Support Role|
|2007||Maria Flordeluna||General Leo Alicante||[b] Main Role / Protagonist|
|Princess Sarah||Captain Christopher Cewe|| Protagonist|
|2008||Sineserye Presents: The Susan Roces Cinema Collection: Patayin Sa Sindak Si Barbara||Fritz Martinez[c]|| Main Role|
|I Am KC: Yes Sir!||Angelo Martinez|
|Kahit Isang Saglit||Ronaldo Dimaandal|| Support Role|
|2009–2010||May Bukas Pa||Enrique D. Rodrigo / Gonzalvo Policarpio|| Main Role / Anti-Hero|
|2009||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Mr. Santelices|
|2010||Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo||Francisco "Frank" Crisanto|| Main Role / Antagonist|
|Maalaala Mo Kaya||Sonny Gonzales|
|2011||Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin||young Jaime Sebastiano|| Special Participation|
|Green Rose||Darren Lee|| Support Role|
|100 Days to Heaven||Tagabantay[d] Guest Role|
|2011–2012||Nasaan Ka Elisa?||Mariano Altamira|| Main Role / Protagonist|
|2012–2013||Princess and I||Anand Wangchuck|| Support Role|
|2013||Juan dela Cruz||Samuel Alejandro|| Support Role / Antagonist|
|My Little Juan||[e] Special Participation / Antagonist|
|2014||Mars Ravelo's Dyesebel||Prinsipe Tino[f]|| Special Participation|
|Sana Bukas pa ang Kahapon||Leo Romero|| Main Role / Anti-Hero|
|2015–2016||All of Me||Manuel Figueras|| Main Role / Protagonist|
|FPJ's Ang Probinsyano||Tomas "Papa Tom" G. Tuazon|| Main Role / Antagonist|
|2017||La Luna Sangre||Theodore "Prof T" Montemayor|| Support Role|
|The Good Son||Victor Buenavidez|| Special Participation|
|2018||Bagani||Agos|| Special Participation|
|2018–2019||Kadenang Ginto||Robert Mondragon||Main Role / Anti-Hero|
|2019||The General's Daughter||Marcial De Leon||Main Role / Protagonist|
|2021–2022||Las Hermanas||Lorenzo Illustre||Support Role / Antagonist|
|2022–present||The Iron Heart||Priam Dela Torre||Main Role / Antagonist|
|2023||Voltes V: Legacy||Dr. Richard Smith||Support Role|
- ^ In 2013–14, GMA Network's rival network, ABS-CBN, produced a television series entitled "Annaliza", a remake adaptation of the original series starring Andrea Brillantes.
- ^ Martinez starred in the remake version as Flordeluna's father, Leo.
- ^ Albert Martinez is portraying the remake role of Fritz Martinez in the television series starring Kris Aquino, originally portrayed by Susan Roces, who is also participating in the series.
- ^ Martinez guested on 100 Days to Heaven portraying another form of Tagabantay, a man who guides Anna Manalastas to correct her wrong deeds. He is disguised as a postman and tells Anna how much time left she has.
- ^ Martinez was reprising his role as Samuel Alejandro to do a fictional character crossover to the spin-off series, My Little Juan, a child version of Juan dela Cruz.
- ^ Albert Martinez is portraying the remake version of Tino, originally played by Wendell Ramos.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|1995||Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Supporting Actor||Muling Umawit ang Puso||Won|
|1997||Manila Film Festival||Best Actor||Rizal sa Dapitan||Won|
|2006||20th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Drama Actor||Sa Piling Mo||Nominated|
|2009||23rd PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Drama Actor||May Bukas Pa||Nominated|
|Best Single Performance by an Actor||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Bisikleta||Nominated|
|2013||31st Luna Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Born to Love You||Nominated|
|2014||Golden Screen TV Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series||Juan dela Cruz||Nominated|
- ^ a b Red, Isah V. (December 10, 1995). "The new and improved Albert Martinez". Manila Standard. Kamahalan Publishing Corp. p. 32B. Retrieved February 11, 2023.
- ^ Carvajal, Dolly Anne (April 30, 2002). "Albert turns 41". Dollywood. p. A28. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
Albert Martinez turned 41 last April 19...
- ^ a b Bautista, Mary Ann; Gallardo, Ricky (May 5, 2001). "Albert Martinez believes in the power of television". Philippine Daily Inquirer (in English and Filipino). Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- ^ Salterio, Leah (August 24, 2000). "The 'devil' in Albert Martinez". Philippine Daily Inquirer. p. B11. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- ^ Salterio, Leah C. (September 9, 2021). "Why Albert Martinez chose 'The Housemaid' for his comeback film". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved September 21, 2021.
- ^ "Albert Martinez's first appearance in 'Las Hermanas'". GMA Network. Retrieved July 24, 2022.
- ^ "Albert: Liezl as normal as everybody now". Manila: ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. August 26, 2012. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- ^ Kabristante, George Vail (August 17, 1989). "Where are they now?". Manila Standard. Kagitingan Publications, Inc. p. 27. Retrieved January 6, 2021.
- ^ a b "IN PHOTOS: Original shows versus Remakes: which is better?". PEP.ph. May 18, 2015. Archived from the original on December 20, 2016. Retrieved December 15, 2016.
- ^ a b c d e Bardinas, Mary Ann. "Albert Martinez's extraordinary, much-admired portrayals as a Kapamilya actor". ABS-CBN Entertainment. Retrieved September 21, 2021.
- ^ "Glaiza de Castro's debut album to be launched two years after its release". PEP.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- ^ "Vic Sotto and Comedy King Dolphy regard each other with mutual love and admiration". PEP.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- ^ "May Bukas Pa". ABS-CBN.com. April 15, 2011. Archived from the original on October 11, 2012. Retrieved July 28, 2013.
- ^ "Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo :: ABS-CBN.com". Archived from the original on October 8, 2012. Retrieved March 28, 2017.
- ^ "Jolina Magdangal returns to PEP blog scene, expensive hair and all!". PEP.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- ^ "Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin will begin airing on March 7". Philippine Entertainment Portal. August 15, 2011. Archived from the original on February 1, 2016. Retrieved March 28, 2017.
- ^ Fullido, Gretchen (December 4, 2010). "Kapamilya stars shine during Trade Launch event". ABS-CBN News.
- ^ "Jericho Rosales is waiting patiently for the airing of his next TV series :: ABS-CBN.com". Archived from the original on September 25, 2012. Retrieved March 28, 2017.
- ^ "Green Rose Full Trailer". YouTube. Archived from the original on December 19, 2021.
- ^ "Pinoy version of Green Rose will start airing on Valentine's Day". PEP.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- ^ "Kenyo moves forward with release of second album Maharlika". PEP.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- ^ a b Corporation, ABS-CBN. "SEARCH | PUSH.COM.PH: Your ultimate showbiz hub!". Push.abs-cbn.com. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- ^ "Showbuzz :: ABS-CBN.com". December 29, 2013. Archived from the original on December 29, 2013.
- ^ "Nasaan Ka Elisa and Maria la del Barrio lead stars will grace March 13 episode of ASAP Rocks". PEP.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- ^ "CAST MEMBERS: Nasaan Ka Elisa? | Guide | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". Archived from the original on March 5, 2016. Retrieved March 28, 2017.
- ^ "Kathryn Bernardo shifts from drama to horror in Shake Rattle and Roll 13 | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". Archived from the original on September 24, 2015. Retrieved March 28, 2017.
- ^ Colina, Antonio IV (October 7, 2013). "Juan dela Cruz will hit the big screen". Sunstar. Retrieved September 21, 2021.
The story of Juan Dela Cruz, which premiered on February 4, 2013, began when Amelia (Taga-Bantay), played by Mylene Dizon, fell in love with Samuel Alejandro, "Haring Aswang" (Albert Martinez).
- ^ News, ABS-CBN. "Anne Curtis is Dyesebel".
|last=has generic name (help)
- ^ ABS-CBNnews.com, By Miguel Dumaual. "How ABS-CBN pulled off surprise 'Dyesebel' announcement".
- ^ "ABS-CBN reveals powerhouse cast of 'Dyesebel'". ABS-CBN News.
- ^ News, ABS-CBN. "'Dyesebel' makes huge splash in ratings".
|last=has generic name (help)
- ^ News, ABS-CBN. "Throwback: Alice Dixson says Dyesebel 'made me'".
|last=has generic name (help)
- ^ News, ABS-CBN. "How Marian reacted to Anne as Dyesebel".
|last=has generic name (help)
- ^ "SANA BUKAS PA ANG KAHAPON Teaser". YouTube. Archived from the original on December 19, 2021. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- ^ "SANA BUKAS PA ANG KAHAPON Full Trailer". YouTube. Archived from the original on December 19, 2021. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- ^ "PHOTOS: Sana Bukas Pa Ang Kahapon Presscon". ABS-CBN Corporation. January 9, 2014. Archived from the original on January 10, 2014. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- ^ "Bea Alonzo makes TV comeback with soap". ABS-CBN News. January 9, 2014. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- ^ Serato, Arniel C. (January 9, 2014). "Bea Alonzo excited but pressured about her new primetime series". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Archived from the original on January 10, 2014. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- ^ Blanco, Eunice (January 10, 2014). "A 'new Bea Alonzo' in upcoming tele-serye comeback". The Philippine Star. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- ^ "Bea doesn't mind being paired with older actors". ABS-CBN News. February 3, 2014. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- ^ ABS-CBN Entertainment (August 22, 2015). ""All of Me" Official Music Video by JM de Guzman". ABS-CBN Entertainment. YouTube. Archived from the original on December 19, 2021. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- ^ ABS-CBN Entertainment (August 17, 2015). "ALL OF ME Full Trailer: This August on ABS-CBN!". ABS-CBN Entertainment. YouTube. Archived from the original on December 19, 2021. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- ^ "JM de Guzman teams up with Albert Martinez, Yen Santos in 'All of Me'". starcinema.abs-cbn.com. May 17, 2015. Archived from the original on September 18, 2015. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- ^ "JM de Guzman, Balik-Bida na sa Teleseryeng "All of Me"". kapamilyalogy.blogspot.com. May 23, 2015. Archived from the original on June 26, 2015. Retrieved June 23, 2015.
- ^ Buan-Deveza, Reyma (May 18, 2015). "Coco to star in TV remake of FPJ's 'Ang Probinsiyano'". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved July 31, 2015.
- ^ a b c "EXCLUSIVE: Albert Martinez reveals there will be a new twist in 'La Luna Sangre'".
- ^ "Metro Manila Film Festival (1995)". IMDb.com. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- ^ Daza, Jullie Yap (June 24, 1997). "To kill Rizal again". Manila Standard. Retrieved October 7, 2015.