This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alberto Pineda Martinez (born April 19, 1963) is a Filipino actor, director, and producer.
Alberto Pineda Martinez
April 19, 1963
|Occupation||Actor, director, producer|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (173 cm)|
|Spouse(s)||Liezl Martinez (m. 1985; died 2015)|
|Children||3; including Alfonso|
|Relatives||William Martinez (brother)|
Martinez began as a film actor. He took his first teleserye role as Glenn in the 1980 series Anna Liza on GMA Network. Martinez's character, Glenn was the suitor of the titular protagonist, Anna Liza which was portrayed by Julie Vega.
Martinez cites actor John Travolta's acting style as his basis on his own film roles. He describes Travolta as having a tongue-in-cheek style in acting as characterized in his roles in Face/Off, Broken Arrow and Battlefield Earth. Martinez praised Travolta for making his roles "shine" on the aforementioned films despite not portraying "natural characters". He also cited Christopher de Leon as his idol since he started his career in film acting.
In Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin, he portrays Ferdinand Fuentebuella who marries a woman from a rich family to save the wealth of his own family. On the eve of Martinez's character's wedding, Fuentebuella had a one-night stand with a prostitute (portrayed by Gina Alajar and gets her pregnant. Fuentebuella is reunited with his daughter, Catherine (portrayed by Angelika dela Cruz) five years later but again gets separated from each other. Throughout the series Fuentebuella is determined to reunite again with his daughter as his loveless marriage deteriorates. This role of a sympathetic character was deemed a deviation from Martinez's usual portrayal of hateful characters in films. Commenting on his role after being asked how does he chooses his role, Martinez says that the audience views the characters as role models which they would like to emulate. He says that he tries to incorporate positive values in his role yet he makes sure that the character he portrays remains flawed adding that he is "always looking for a dark twist".
His most recent critically acclaimed role was a downtrodden husband in Magnífico (2003). He recently starred in a TV drama series, Sa Piling Mo, together with Judy Ann Santos and Piolo Pascual which was shown on ABS-CBN. He also worked on the teleserye Maria Flordeluna in 2007 as the role of Gen. Leo Alicante. In 2009–2010, he worked on the teleserye May Bukas Pa, in the role of the antagonist turned protagonist Mayor Enrique Rodrigo. He played the role of Frank Crisanto on the teleserye Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo alongside Kris Aquino, Kim Chiu, Gina Pareño, Coco Martin, and Gerald Anderson.
He is currently with ABS-CBN as a contract actor.
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1980||Totoo Ba Ang Tsismis|
|1981||Bata Pa si Sabel||Candido|
|1982||Bakit Ba Ganyan?||Albert|
|Where Love Has Gone||Aldo Asuncion|
|Anak ni Waray, Anak ni Biday|
|1991||Yakapin Mo Ako Muli||Abel Lalugan|
|1994||Pangako ng Kahapon|
|Talahib at Rosas|
|1995||Minsan Pa: Kahit Konting Pagtingin 2||Benny De Guzman|
|Muling Umawit ng Puso||Miguel|
|Gloria, Gloria Labandera|
|Rizal sa Dapitan||José Rizal|
|Buhay Mo'y Buhay Ko rin||Anton Marasigan|
|Bata, Bata… Pa'no Ka Ginawa?||Ding|
|Nang Iniwan Mo Ako||Anton Marasigan|
|1999||Scorpio Nights 2||Andrew|
|Ekis: Walang Tatakas||Gene|
|Yamashita: The Tiger's Treasure||Edmond/Emong||RoadRunner, MAQ Productions, Regal Entertainment|
|Captain Barbell||Lagablab||Viva Films|
|2004||Anak Ka ng Tatay Mo|
|2007||I've Fallen For You||Jonathan||Star Cinema|
|2012||Born To Love You||Charles Ronquillo||Star Cinema, CineMedia|
|2017||Ang Panday||Hari||Star Cinema|
- Rosario (2010) – MMFF Entry "59th Famas Best Director (winner)"
|1980-85||Anna Liza||Glenn Laxamana||Original TV series produced by GMA Network[a]|||
|1995||Oki Doki Doc||Albert||Guest Role|
|2000–01||May Bukas Pa||Ramon Suarez||Lead Role|
|2001–02||Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin||Ferdinand Fuentebella||Lead Role/Protagonist|
|2002–03||Habang Kapiling Ka||Alejandro Javellana||Main Antagonist|
|2003–04||Twin Hearts||Ben Katigbac||Supporting Role|
|2006||Sa Piling Mo||Benicio Chuatoco||First ABS-CBN Appearance|
|2006–07||Komiks Presents: Da Adventures of Pedro Penduko||Juan Penduko|
|2007||Maria Flordeluna||Leo Alicante||remake version television series[b]|
|2007||Princess Sarah||Christopher Cewe|||
|2008||Sineserye Presents: The Susan Roces Cinema Collection: Patayin Sa Sindak Si Barbara||Fritz Martinez[c]|||
|2008||I Am KC: Yes Sir!||Angelo Martinez|
|2008||Kahit Isang Saglit||Ronaldo Dimaandal|||
|2009–10||May Bukas Pa||Enrique D. Rodrigo / Gonzalvo Policarpio||Main Antagonist|||
|2009||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Mr. Santelices||Episode: "Gitara"|
|2010||Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo||Francisco "Frank" Crisanto||Main Antagonist|||
|2010||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Sonny Gonzales||Episode: "Passbook"|
|2011||Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin||young Jaime Sebastiano||Special Participation|||
|2011||Green Rose||Darren Lee|||
|2011||100 Days to Heaven||Tagabantay[d]||Special Guest|
|2011–12||Nasaan Ka Elisa?||Mariano Altamira||Main Role|||
|2012–13||Princess and I||Anand Wangchuck||Main Cast|||
|2013||Juan dela Cruz||Samuel Alejandro||Main Antagonist|||
|2013||My Little Juan||Crossover Character[e]|
|2014||Mars Ravelo's Dyesebel||Prinsipe Tino[f]||Special Participation|||
|Sana Bukas pa ang Kahapon||Leo Romero||Main role / Protagonist / Antagonist|||
|2015–16||All of Me||Manuel Figueras||Lead Role|||
|FPJ's Ang Probinsyano||Tomas "Papa Tom" G. Tuazon||Main Villain in Season 1 and Minor Antagonist in Season 2|||
|2017||La Luna Sangre||Theodore "Prof T" Montemayor||Supporting Role|||
|The Good Son||Victor Buenavidez||Special Participation|||
|2018–2019||Kadenang Ginto||Robert Mondragon||Main Role / Protagonist / Antagonist / Anti Hero|
|2019||The General's Daughter||Marcial De Leon||Lead Role / Protagonist|
- In 2013–14, GMA Network's rival network, ABS-CBN, produced a television series entitled "Annaliza", a remake adaptation of the original series starring Andrea Brillantes.
- Martinez starred in the remake version as Flordeluna's father, Leo.
- Albert Martinez is portraying the remake role of Fritz Martinez in the television series starring Kris Aquino, originally portrayed by Susan Roces, who is also participating in the series.
- Martinez guested on 100 Days to Heaven portraying another form of Tagabantay, a man who guides Anna Manalastas to correct her wrong deeds. He is disguised as a postman and tells Anna how much time left she has.
- Martinez was reprising his role as Samuel Alejandro to do a fictional character crossover to the spin-off series, My Little Juan, a child version of Juan dela Cruz.
- Albert Martinez is portraying the remake version of Tino, originally played by Wendell Ramos.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|1995||Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Supporting Actor||Muling Umawit ang Puso||Won|
|1997||Manila Film Festival||Best Actor||Rizal sa Dapitan||Won|
|2006||20th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Drama Actor||Sa Piling Mo||Nominated|
|2009||23rd PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Drama Actor||May Bukas Pa||Nominated|
|Best Single Performance by an Actor||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Bisikleta||Nominated|
|2014||Golden Screen TV Awards||Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series||Juan dela Cruz||Nominated|
|2013||31st Luna Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Born to Love You||Nominated|
His father, Bert Martínez, was a character actor during the 1960s. Albert was married to Liezl Sumilang from 1985, until her death in 2015. They had three children, including actor Alfonso Martinez. William Martínez and Ronnie Martinez also actors his younger brother's.
- Carvajal, Dolly Anne (April 30, 2002). "Albert turns 41". Dollywood. p. A28. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
Albert Martinez turned 41 last April 19...
- Bautista, Mary Ann; Gallardo, Ricky (May 5, 2001). "Albert Martinez believes in the power of television". Philippine Daily Inquirer (in English and Filipino). Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- Salterio, Leah (August 24, 2000). "The 'devil' in Albert Martinez". Philippine Daily Inquirer. p. B11. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- "IN PHOTOS: Original shows versus Remakes: which is better?". PEP.ph. May 18, 2015. Retrieved December 15, 2016.
- "Glaiza de Castro's debut album to be launched two years after its release". PEP.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "Vic Sotto and Comedy King Dolphy regard each other with mutual love and admiration". PEP.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "May Bukas Pa". ABS-CBN.com. April 15, 2011. Archived from the original on October 11, 2012. Retrieved July 28, 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 8, 2012. Retrieved March 28, 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Jolina Magdangal returns to PEP blog scene, expensive hair and all!". PEP.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin will begin airing on March 7". Philippine Entertainment Portal. August 15, 2011.
- Fullido, Gretchen (December 4, 2010). "Kapamilya stars shine during Trade Launch event". ABS-CBN News.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 25, 2012. Retrieved March 28, 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Green Rose Full Trailer". YouTube.
- "Pinoy version of Green Rose will start airing on Valentine's Day". PEP.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "Kenyo moves forward with release of second album Maharlika". PEP.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- Corporation, ABS-CBN. "SEARCH | PUSH.COM.PH: Your ultimate showbiz hub!". Push.abs-cbn.com. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "Showbuzz :: ABS-CBN.com". web.archive.org. December 29, 2013.
- "Nasaan Ka Elisa and Maria la del Barrio lead stars will grace March 13 episode of ASAP Rocks". PEP.ph. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 5, 2016. Retrieved March 28, 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 24, 2015. Retrieved March 28, 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Coco Martin plays superhero in new soap". ABS-CBN News.
- "Erich goes from 'unang aswang' to 'aswang hunter'". ABS-CBN News.
- "Erich on Coco: 'Blessed ako to work with him'". ABS-CBN News.
- "JUAN DELA CRUZ, Ang bagong hero ng buhay mo!". YouTube.
- "14 Scripts Beat MMFF Deadline". Ph.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "insidepinoyshowbiz.ph - insidepinoyshowbiz Resources and Information". 1.insidepinoyshowbiz.ph.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 28, 2017. Retrieved March 28, 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 28, 2017. Retrieved March 28, 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "ABS-CBN's Dreamscape Setting High Standards in Primetime Teleserye". Kapamilyalogy.blogspot.co.nz. Archived from the original on March 12, 2014. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "Why 'Juan dela Cruz' is this year's 'biggest series'". YouTube.
- "JUAN DELA CRUZ : Ang Simula Teaser". YouTube.
- News, ABS-CBN. "Anne Curtis is Dyesebel".
- ABS-CBNnews.com, By Miguel Dumaual. "How ABS-CBN pulled off surprise 'Dyesebel' announcement".
- "ABS-CBN reveals powerhouse cast of 'Dyesebel'". ABS-CBN News.
- News, ABS-CBN. "'Dyesebel' makes huge splash in ratings".
- News, ABS-CBN. "Throwback: Alice Dixson says Dyesebel 'made me'".
- News, ABS-CBN. "How Marian reacted to Anne as Dyesebel".
- "SANA BUKAS PA ANG KAHAPON Teaser". YouTube. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "SANA BUKAS PA ANG KAHAPON Full Trailer". YouTube. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- "PHOTOS: Sana Bukas Pa Ang Kahapon Presscon". ABS-CBN Corporation. January 9, 2014. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- "Bea Alonzo makes TV comeback with soap". ABS-CBN News. January 9, 2014. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- Serato, Arniel C. (January 9, 2014). "Bea Alonzo excited but pressured about her new primetime series". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- Blanco, Eunice (January 10, 2014). "A 'new Bea Alonzo' in upcoming tele-serye comeback". The Philippine Star. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- "Bea doesn't mind being paired with older actors". ABS-CBN News. February 3, 2014. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- ABS-CBN Entertainment (August 22, 2015). ""All of Me" Official Music Video by JM de Guzman". ABS-CBN Entertainment. YouTube. Retrieved August 24, 2015.
- ABS-CBN Entertainment (August 17, 2015). "ALL OF ME Full Trailer: This August on ABS-CBN!". ABS-CBN Entertainment. YouTube. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- "JM de Guzman teams up with Albert Martinez, Yen Santos in 'All of Me'". starcinema.abs-cbn.com. May 17, 2015. Archived from the original on September 18, 2015. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- "JM de Guzman, Balik-Bida na sa Teleseryeng "All of Me"". kapamilyalogy.blogspot.com. May 23, 2015. Archived from the original on June 26, 2015. Retrieved June 23, 2015.
- Buan-Deveza, Reyma (May 18, 2015). "Coco to star in TV remake of FPJ's 'Ang Probinsiyano'". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved July 31, 2015.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Albert Martinez reveals there will be a new twist in 'La Luna Sangre'".
- "Metro Manila Film Festival (1995)". IMDb.com. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- Daza, Jullie Yap (June 24, 1997). "To kill Rizal again". Manila Standard. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- "Albert: Liezl as normal as everybody now". Manila: ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. August 26, 2012. Retrieved March 15, 2015.