Logo of Alban Arena
|Former names||St Albans City Hall|
|Address||Alban Arena, Civic Centre, St Albans Hertfordshire AL1 3LD|
|Location||St Albans, United Kingdom|
|Genre(s)||Music, Children's Entertainment,|
It has been the centre of culture in St Albans since 1968 and has staged concerts by bands such as Dire Straits in 1978 and Jethro Tull in 2010 . Blues legend John Mayall was the first performer on 3rd June 1968 ( returned to celebrate 40th anniversary in 2008 )
Soon after opening in 1968 the City Hall began hosting the regular Civic Discos first on a Monday (for teenagers) and latter on Saturday nights (with occasional live music) - the early Monday night Disc Jockeys included the London Impresario "Rocky Rivers" and Jeff Spencer - later DJ's included Graham Kentsley who is currently hosting at the Alban Arena (2017/18) a series of events entitled "The Ultimate Civic Disco" celebrating 50 years of the "Civic Disco"  in aid of the New St Albans Museum that is due to open in 2018.
Over the Christmas period of 2004, the pantomime Aladdin was staged with participation Michelle Bass, the December 2005 show was Peter Pan with Leslie Grantham and Dani Harmer, and in 2009 The Little Mermaid with Sarah-Jane Honeywell.
- "Dire Straits tour 1978". Tours. Canada: Mark Knopfler official site. Archived from the original on 4 September 2012. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- "From local DJ to Hollywood Film Producer!". Matt Johnson, Dirty Dozen DJ.
- "The Ultimate Civic Disco". St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust.
- "The Civic Disco raises 6000 pounds for the New St Albans Museum Trust". St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust.
- "Graham Kentsley about the upcoming Ultimate Civic Disco". Archived from the original on 2017-03-31. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- "The Ultimate Civic Disco".
- "Michelle gets A 'new' laddin!". BBC. October 17, 2004. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "What's on" (pdf). St. Albans City and District Council. 20 December 2005. Retrieved 7 March 2010.
- "Sarah-Jane Honeywell: news about Sarah-Jane Honeywell". Sarah-Jane Honeywell official site. March 6, 2009. Archived from the original on 5 April 2010. Retrieved 6 March 2010.