This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015)
Alappuzha railway station (also known as Alleppey railway station, code: ALLP) is located at Alappuzha, Kerala, India. The station is a major station on the Ernakulam–Kayamkulam coastal line. It is an NSG 3 category station. The station is operated by the Southern Railway zone of the Indian Railways and comes under the Thiruvananthapuram railway division.
|Location||Alappuzha, Kerala, India|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Line(s)||Ernakulam–Kayamkulam coastal line|
|Fare zone||Southern Railway zone|
|6,536 per day|
Alappuzha railway station has 3 platforms to handle long distance and passenger trains. Escalators inaugurated at PF#1 of Alappuzha Railway station
Alappuzha is an important tourist destination in Kerala. The backwaters of Alappuzha are one among the most popular tourist attractions in Kerala. Alappuzha is also the access point for the annual Nehru Trophy Boat Race. Alappuzha railway station thus acts as a gateway for visiting the tourist attractions in and around Alappuzha.
Important trains originating from AlappuzhaEdit
The following trains starting from Alappuzha station:
|Train no.||Train name|
- Reservation counters are open between 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Retirement rooms (transit lodging facility)
- Parcel booking office
- Railway Mailing service (RMS) office
- Railway Protection Force - Circle office
- IRCTC restaurant
- Pre-paid autorikshaw counters
- Pre-paid parking space
- Escalator and elevator systems
The following bank-ATMs are available at the railway station:
- "Annual originating passengers and earnings for the year 2017-18 - Thiruvananthapuram Division" (PDF). Indian Railways. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "Alappuzha Railway station to get a facelift". The Hindu. 24 April 2012.
- https://mobile.twitter.com/TVC138/status/969101286590136320[bare URL]
- "50 CCTVs at railway station". The Hindu. 25 November 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Prepaid auto service launched". The Hindu. 1 September 2009. Archived from the original on 7 April 2010. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Protest against high parking fee at railway station". The Hindu. 24 January 2010. Archived from the original on 11 April 2013. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "A new step in Kozhikode railway station's journey to world-class status". The Hindu. 4 October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alappuzha railway station.|