Alan Marriott (voice actor)
Alan Marriott (born July 19, 1971) is a Canadian actor, voice actor, improv comedian, improv instructor and writer.
July 19, 1971
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor, comedian, instructor, author|
Alan moved to Vancouver, British Columbia in 1980 to attend the Studio 58 acting school. He left Studio 58 to join the first season of Salmon Arm Summer Stock Youth Theatre (SASSY) and did two seasons with the company. Alan spent four years working with the improvisational theatre group Vancouver Theatresports and also played the character of Aldous Bacon in VSL's original production of Suspect (an improvised murder mystery).
Alan moved to London, England to complete his formal acting training at The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA). Upon finishing LAMDA Alan began working in improv once again, starting London Theatresports and creating and playing in numerous different improv formats including Hamlet Improvised, Impro Lear, Impro Lab (London's first 2-act improvised play), The Impro Musical, Lust Boulavarde (an improvised soap opera), and Impropera (a 2-act improvised opera).
Alan has worked with or taught almost every improvisational theatre group in London including: Grand Theft Impro, Made Up Like Tarts, Scratch, Showstopper, The Comedy Store Players, Dogs on Holiday, Impro Musical, Impropera, Brickbats Volunteers, South of the River (with Steve Frost and Jeremy Hardy) and, his own current impro troupe, The Crunchy Frog Collective.
Alan has also done extensive voice acting work for radio and TV animation, including Mr. Fothergill, Travis, Spud (regular series only) and Scoop in the US dub on Bob the Builder and Glar on Planet 51. He also voiced Victor Volt in The Secret Show, and the characters Cowboy and Indian in A Town Called Panic.
He is the author of Genius Now!.
He also wrote one episode of Animal Stories (in which he narrated the American dubbed version for The Disney Channel), several comedy sketches for CBC and a short film called Teeth and worked as a voice director for the BKN Classic Series trilogy where he directed the voices for all six of their films including Alice in Wonderland: What's the Matter with Hatter?, The Jungle Book: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi to the Rescue, Robin Hood: Quest for the King, The Three Musketeers: Saving the Crown, The Prince and the Pauper: Double Trouble and A Christmas Carol.
Alan also had onscreen appearances on several British television series including Wake Up in the Wild Room, The Bootleg Broadway Show, The All New Alexei Sayle Show, Ghost Train, Jo Brand Through the Cakehole and the TV movie Now What.
After twenty years living and working in London, England, Alan moved back to Vancouver in 2008 and now makes his home in North Vancouver, British Columbia. He is the driving force behind ImprovMusical, a one-hour improvised musical based on a single audience suggestion which premiered in July 2010 and is currently[when?] playing at Vancouver Theatresports.
In 2016, Marriott recently voiced the characters Buried Lede and Mr. Stripes in the season six My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episode "The Saddle Row Review".
- Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 - Simon Ian Rhodes II
- Appleseed - Karon
- Junk Boy - Ryohei
- The Dark Myth - Takeshi
- Tokyo Babylon
- Devilman - Akira Fudo / Devilman (OVA)
- Mad Bull 34 - Daizaburo
- Urusei Yatsura (BBC 3 dub) - Chibi (Akira)
- X - Kamui Shirō (Movie)
- A Town Called Panic - Cowboy / Indian
- Monkey Magic - Shotenki
- Legend of the Dragon - Ang / Golden Dragon
- The Secret Show - Victor Volt
- Back to Gaya - Boo (English voice)
- Bob the Builder - Scoop / Travis / Dodger / Spud (1999-2004) / Mr. Bentley (1999-2004) (North American version)
- Teeth - Dr. Horace Morgan
- Anthony Ant - Anthony / Arnold / Buzz
- Bounty Hamster - Bounty Hamster
- Planet 51 - Glar / Mailman
- Dinosaur Train - Iggy Iguanodon / Mayor Kosmoceratops / Deon Dimetrodon
- Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu - Captain Soto / Darreth / Hutchins
- Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales - Agent Kallus
- Animal Stories - Narrator (North American version)
- Martha Speaks - Additional Voices
- Chop Socky Chooks - Iron Butt Monk
- Vampires, Pirates and Aliens - Zorb / Sharky / Gory
- Planet Sketch - Ninja Handyman
- Voltron Force - Sven
- Dork Hunters from Outer Space - Mac
- Pond Life - Gym Instructor
- Zorro: Generation Z - Don Ichy / Don Skull
- Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies - Jacques the Walrus / Perry / Gerald the Giraffe (North American version)
- Yoko! Jakamoko! Toto!
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Buried Lede / Mr. Stripes
- Nexo Knights - Chef Rambley / Mr. Cheddarton
- Twipsy - Nick
- The Feeble Files
- Santa's Special Delivery
- Globi and the Stolen Shadows - Maestro
- Dr. Vet - Dr. Vet
- Spheriks - Match Narrator
- A Christmas Carol - Collector for the Orphanage # 2 (uncredited)
- Geronimo Stilton
- "Improviser of the month December 2008". imprology.com. Archived from the original on 2012-03-01. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- About the Author - Genius Now
- Grand Theft Impro Homepage
- Made Up Like Tarts Group History[dead link]
- Crunch Frog Webpage Archived October 1, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Georgia Straight revue of ImprovMusical
- Theatresports homepage - Improv Musical Archived 2010-08-30 at the Wayback Machine
- Insider Vancouver Blog Review