Alan Bean (activist)
Alan Bean a mild mannered white former minister working to uncover injustice and organize black opposition, in the racial controversies surrounding the Tulia 46 drug sting in Tulia, Texas and the Jena Six controversy in Jena, Louisiana. In 1999, Dr. Alan Bean founded the organization, Friends of Justice, an alliance of community members to advocate for criminal justice reform.
- Nate Blakeslee. Tulia: Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a Small Texas Town. New York: PublicAffairs. ISBN 1-58648-454-0.
- "Tulia Travesty Covered Up By Texas Prosecutors and Courts". Retrieved 5 January 2008.
- NPR: Relentless Activist Digs into Racial Controversies
- "Jena 6 case caught up in whirlwind of distortion, opportunism". www.kansascity.com. 29 September 2007. Archived from the original on 15 December 2007. Retrieved 5 January 2008.
- "New Organizing Strategy « Friends of Justice". Archived from the original on 24 December 2007. Retrieved 5 January 2008.