Al-Quadin Muhammad (born March 28, 1995) is an American football defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Miami and was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the sixth round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Muhammad in a game against the Washington Redskins in 2018
|No. 97 – Indianapolis Colts|
|Born:||March 28, 1995|
Irvington, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||253 lb (115 kg)|
|High school:||Don Bosco Prep|
(Ramsey, New Jersey)
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 6 / Pick: 196|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
High school careerEdit
A native of Irvington, New Jersey, After transferring from Paterson Catholic High School which closed after his freshman year, Muhammad was a standout at Don Bosco Preparatory High School, where he was a four-star defensive end, ranked as the number 1 prospect in New Jersey.
Muhammad committed to Miami in 2013. As a freshman he played in five games, making 6 tackles and 2.0 sacks. Muhammad was handed a season-long suspension for an altercation involving a former roommate after Miami’s spring game; he missed the entire 2014 season. In 2015, he played in 12 games and finished the season with 54 tackles, 8.5 for loss and 5.0 sacks. But Muhammad would miss out the 2016 season after he was suspended and later dismissed from the football program along with teammate Jermaine Grace for his role in a luxury rental car scandal that violated NCAA rules.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
Muhammad was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the sixth round, 196th overall, in the 2017 NFL Draft. He debuted for the Saints in Week 1 of the 2017 NFL season against the Minnesota Vikings.
On September 1, 2018, Muhammad was waived by the Saints.
On September 2, 2018, Muhammad was claimed off waivers by the Indianapolis Colts. He was waived by the Colts on October 4, 2018 and was re-signed to the practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on October 13, 2018.
- Lanni, Patrick (August 28, 2016). "University of Miami dismisses Don Bosco star Al-Quadin Muhammad, report says". NJ.com. Retrieved May 1, 2017.
- "Former Don Bosco star Al-Quadin Muhammad dismissed from Miami football team". August 27, 2016. Retrieved May 1, 2017.
- Muhammad college stats
- Hendrix, John J. (April 29, 2017). "Muhammad selected by the New Orleans Saints". CanalStreetChronicles.com.
- "New Orleans Saints select DE Al-Quadin Muhammad in the sixth round of the 2017 NFL Draft". NewOrleansSaints.com. April 29, 2017. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- "New Orleans Saints make roster reductions to 53". NewOrleansSaints.com. September 1, 2018.
- Walker, Andrew (September 2, 2018). "Colts Claim Two Players Off Waivers". Colts.com.
- Walker, Andrew (October 4, 2018). "Colts Bring Back Robert Turbin To Active Roster; Lenzy Pipkins, Skai Moore Elevated". Colts.com.
- "Roster Move: Colts Sign DE Al-Quadin Muhammad To Practice Squad". Colts.com. October 8, 2018.
- "Roster Moves: Colts Elevate DE Al-Quadin Muhammad To Active Roster; Waive LB Skai Moore". Colts.com. October 13, 2018.