Too Kyo Games
Too Kyo Games, LLC (Japanese: トゥーキョーゲームス, Hepburn: Tū Kyō Gēmusu) is a Japanese video game developer founded by ex-employees of Spike Chunsoft. It was formed in 2017 by Danganronpa series writer Kazutaka Kodaka, composer Masafumi Takada and illustrator Rui Komatsuzaki, as well as Zero Escape director Kotaro Uchikoshi. The company is currently working on several games, as well as an anime in collaboration with Pierrot.
|Tū Kyō Gēmusu|
Number of employees
Kazutaka Kodaka, the writer of Spike Chunsoft's Danganronpa franchise, started thinking about how he wanted to create his own development company where he could do new things, following the completion of the anime television series Danganronpa 3 (2016) and the video game Danganronpa V3 (2017). He discussed it with the Danganronpa character designer and composer, Rui Komatsuzaki and Masafumi Takada, who also were interested in the idea; Takada founded the company in 2017, as he had already been involved in the launch of other companies. Kodaka also invited other people to join the company, including Kotaro Uchikoshi, the director and scenario writer for Spike Chunsoft's Zero Escape series; the Danganronpa illustrator Shimadoriru; Takumi Nakazawa, the director and co-writer of KID's Infinity series; and the Danganronpa novelist Yoichirou Koizumi. Kodaka, Takada, Komatsuzaki and Uchikoshi are the core members of the company, and Kodaka is its representative. The company's name is a wordplay on Tokyo – where they are based – and the Japanese word kyō (狂, "crazy"), thus meaning "Too Crazy Games".
The company was announced to the public in September 2018, announcing that four projects were under development. They were later revealed to be Death Come True, World's End Club, and Tribe Nine, alongside an anime called Akudama Drive. The goal of the company, according to Kodaka, is to create new intellectual properties, and for the staff to also create their own indie game projects; he also mentioned that he would still like to go back to the Danganronpa franchise at some point in the future.
|2020||Death Come True||IzanagiGames||Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows||Co-developed with Esquadra|||
|World's End Club||iOS, Nintendo Switch||Co-developed with Grounding|||
|2020||Akudama Drive||Co-produced with Pierrot|||
- "小高和剛氏、打越鋼太郎氏らによる新会社Too Kyo Games設立！ 日本独自のゲームで世界に挑む、新会社設立に迫るインタビュー". Famitsu (in Japanese). Enterbrain. September 12, 2018. Archived from the original on September 12, 2018. Retrieved September 13, 2018.
- Romano, Sal. "Mysterious game company Too Kyo Games established, led by noted game creator". Gematsu. Archived from the original on September 12, 2018. Retrieved September 12, 2018.
- Romano, Sal. "Too Kyo Games led by Danganronpa and Zero Escape creators Kazutaka Kodaka and Kotaro Uchikoshi, four projects underway". Gematsu. Archived from the original on September 16, 2018. Retrieved September 12, 2018.
- Sherman, Jennifer. "Too Kyo Games, Pierrot Collaborate on New Anime". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on September 11, 2018. Retrieved September 12, 2018.
- Romano, Sal (September 27, 2018). "Too Kyo Games' announced titles likely due out in two to three years". Gematsu. Archived from the original on September 27, 2018. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- Valentine, Rebekah (September 11, 2018). "Former Danganronpa, Zero Escape, Fate/Grand Order developers form Too Kyo Games". Gamesindustry.biz. Gamer Network. Archived from the original on September 11, 2018. Retrieved September 13, 2018.
- "ダウンロードソフト『DEATH COME TRUE』配信開始のお知らせ" (in Japanese). Esquadra, Inc. June 25, 2020. Retrieved July 18, 2020.
- Brown, Fraser. "Death Come True is an FMV game from the creator of Danganronpa". PC Gamer. Archived from the original on December 10, 2019. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- Romano, Sal (December 15, 2019). "Death Come True to be released for PS4, Switch, PC, iOS, and Android". Gematsu. Archived from the original on December 15, 2019. Retrieved December 15, 2019.
- Romano, Sal (September 3, 2020). "World's End Club launches September 4 for Apple Arcade, in spring 2021 for Switch". Gematsu. Retrieved September 3, 2020.
- Clewis, Mercedez (February 18, 2020). "Akatsuki and Too Kyo Games Team Up to Collaborate on 'Tribe Nine'". Siliconera. Retrieved February 19, 2020.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (May 14, 2020). "Akudama Drive Anime Delayed to October Due to COVID-19". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on May 31, 2020. Retrieved May 14, 2020.