Aktion National Airport
Aktion National Airport (IATA: PVK, ICAO: LGPZ) is an airport serving Preveza and Lefkada in Greece. It is also known as Preveza Airport. It is also used by NATO and Hellenic Air Force Command. The airport commenced operations in 1968.
Aktion National Airport
|Airport type||Public and military|
|Owner/Operator||Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture|
|Serves||Preveza / Lefkada, Greece|
|Elevation AMSL||11 ft / 3 m|
In December 2015, the privatisation of Aktion National Airport and 13 other regional airports of Greece was finalised with the signing of the agreement between the Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture and the state privatisation fund. "We signed the deal today", the head of Greece's privatisation agency HRADF, Stergios Pitsiorlas, told Reuters. According to the agreement, the joint venture will operate the 14 airports (including Aktion National Airport) for 40 years as of autumn 2016.
Fraport Greece’s investment planEdit
This section needs to be updated.January 2018)(
On 22 March 2017, Fraport-Greece presented its master plan for the 14 Greek regional airports, including the International Airport of Chania.
Immediate actions that will be implemented at the airports, as soon as Fraport Greece takes over operations, before the launch of the 2017 summer season include:
- General clean-up
- Improving lighting, marking of airside areas
- Upgrading sanitary facilities
- Enhancing services and offering a new free Internet connection (WiFi)
- Implementing works to improve fire safety in all the areas of the airports
The following summarizes the enhancement changes that will start in October 2017 and will be implemented for Aktion National Airport under Fraport-Greece's investment plan by 2021:
- Terminal expansion by 2,381 m2 and refurbishment
- HBS inline screening
- Reorganizing airport apron area
- Refurbishing airside pavement
- 75 percent increase in the number of check-in counters (from 8 to 14)
- 60 percent increase in the number of departure gates (from 5 to 8)
- Doubling the number of security-check lanes (from 2 to 4)
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|Year||Flights||Domestic passengers||International passengers||Total passengers||% annual|
Accidents and incidentsEdit
- On 14 July 1996, a NATO-operated E-3 Sentry (serial number LX-N90457) overran the runway and crashed into a sea wall when the pilot attempted to abort takeoff after thinking the aircraft had ingested birds. There were no injuries, however, the fuselage broke, causing total loss of the aircraft. During the investigation of the incident, no indications of bird ingestion were found. The aircraft was subsequently written off.
- "AKTIO AIRPORT". YPA.gr. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- Airport information for LGPZ at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for PVK at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 April 2015. Retrieved 10 April 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "AKTIO AIRPORT" (PDF).
- "Greece signs privatization of 14 regional airports with Germany's Fraport - TornosNews.gr". TornosNews.gr. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Editorial, Reuters. "REFILE-UPDATE 1-Greece signs major privatisation deal with Germany's F". Reuters.com. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Fraport Greece’s Development Plan for the New Era at the Greek Regional Airports", fraport-greece.com
- "Aviolet charter schedule 2018" (PDF). aviolet.rs. Retrieved 14 June 2018.
- Liu, Jim. "Condor S20 Short-Haul network additions as of 06JAN20". Routesonline. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- "Flight". apollorejser.dk.
- Liu, Jim. "Eurowings S21 Munich network additions as of 16SEP20". Routesonline. Retrieved 17 September 2020.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Finnair Adds New European Routes in S16". AirlineRoute.net. Retrieved 1 February 2018.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- Liu, Jim (22 October 2019). "Jet2.com S20 new routes as of 18OCT19". routesonline.com.
- "Flight". apollo.no.
- "Flight". apollo.se.
- Liu, Jim. "Ryanair / Laudamotion S20 network consolidation as of 18JUN20". Routesonline. Retrieved 19 June 2020.
- "Sivota". aarhuscharter.dk.
- "SmartWings Flight schedule". smartwings.com.
- "air and charter tickets". itaka.pl. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "Flights". tjareborg.fi.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Volotea S17 New routes as of 10OCT16". RoutesOnline.com. Retrieved 1 February 2018.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Volotea S17 New routes as of 14OCT16". RoutesOnline.com. Retrieved 1 February 2018.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- Liu, Jim. "Volotea S20 new routes as of 29NOV19". Routesonline. Retrieved 3 December 2019.
- Ranter, Harro. "ASN Aircraft accident Boeing E-3A Sentry (707-300B) LX-N90457 Préveza-Aktion Airport (PVK)". aviation-safety.net. Retrieved 18 September 2020.
- "You're Operating Completely Outdated Airplanes. How Safe is the AWACS?". awacs.nato.int. Retrieved 18 September 2020.