Akkare Akkare Akkare
Akkareyakkareyakkare, also known Akkare Akkare Akkare (transl. Abroad abroad abroad) is a 1990 Indian Malayalam-language buddy comedy film directed by Priyadarshan and written by Sreenivasan. It is a sequel to 1987's Nadodikkattu and 1988's Pattanapravesham; Mohanlal and Sreenivasan reprises their roles. The story follows C.I.Ds Dasan and Vijayan on an investigation for a gold crown stolen to the United States. Others in the cast include M. G. Soman, Mukesh, Maniyanpilla Raju, Parvathy, Nedumudi Venu, Sukumari, Jagadish, and K. P. A. C. Lalitha.
|Akkare Akkare Akkare|
Theatrical release poster
|Produced by||G.P. Vijayakumar|
M. G. Soman
|Edited by||N. Gopalakrishnan|
G. P. Films
|Distributed by||Seven Arts Release|
When a priceless gold crown is stolen from India, Ramdas (Mohanlal) and Vijayan (Sreenivasan) are sent to the United States to retrieve it. The only clue they have is the pseudonym "Paul Barber" and a piece of torn black shirt. With these couple of clues, the comic duo embark on the adventure. Their suspicion initially falls on an official at the Indian Embassy Shivadasa Menon (Nedumudi Venu). In the course of time they both meet, and fall in love with a kind hearted Malayalee nurse (Parvathy) working in a local hospital. Their lack of discipline and going incommunicado causes troubles to their superior officer Madras Police Commissioner Krishnan Nair IPS (M. G. Soman) who comes to America in search of them.
Out of serendipity at each step, they end up eliminating the Paul Barber gang, getting felicitated by the American police and return to India with the gold crown, to much pomp at the Madras airport.
- Mohanlal as Ramdas / Dasan
- Sreenivasan as Vijayan
- Mukesh as Surendran
- Maniyanpilla Raju as Gopi
- Parvathy as Sethulakshmi
- Jagadish as Peter
- M. G. Soman as City Police Commissioner Krishnan Nair IPS
- Nedumudi Venu as Sivadasa Menon
- Sukumari as House Owner
- K. P. A. C. Lalitha as Sivadasa Menon's Wife
- Prameela as Krishnan Nair's Wife
- Bellaire Hospital, Houston, Texas
- Port of Long Beach, Long Beach, California
- Disneyland, Anaheim, California
- Six Flags Magic Mountain, Valencia, Santa Clarita, California
All lyrics are written by Sreekumaran Thampi.
|1.||"Kannukannil"||M. G. Sreekumar, Unni Menon, Jojo|
|2.||"Swargathilo"||M. G. Sreekumar, Unni Menon,Jojo|
The dialogue "Sadhanam Kayyilundo" from the film came as a popular catchphrase in Malayalam. As well as "Meenaviyal Enthayo Entho", the popular one-liner delivered by Sreenivasan found place in Printed T-shirts.
- Aishwarya Vasudevan. "Priyadarshan – Mohanlal: Best films of the duo - The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- Sanjith Sidhardhan (14 April 2012). "Mollywood goes to America". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- Asha Prakash (3 June 2014). "Once the fate of a film is decided, my entire focus is on the next film: Mohanlal". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- "Akkare Akkare Akkare Songs". Hungama Digital Media Entertainment. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- Nita Sathyendran (8 June 2011). "Rock on Avial". The Hindu. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- Shibu B. S. (18 October 2011). "Packing a punch". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 8 May 2016.