This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Akershus County Municipality (Norwegian: Akershus fylkeskommune) is the regional governing administration of Akershus, Norway. The main responsibilities of the county municipality includes the running of 35 upper secondary schools. It administrates the county roadways, public transport, dental care, culture and cultural heritage.
Akershus County Municipality
|• County mayor||Nils Aage Jegstad|
|ISO 3166 code||NO-02|
The county council has 43 members, and Chairman of the County Council is Nils Aage Jegstad (Conservative Party). The administrative seat is located in Oslo—a municipality that is not part of Akershus.
Public transport in Akershus is managed by Ruter, a transit authority owned along with the City of Oslo. It markets all public transport except the Oslo Commuter Rail in Akershus, though operations are provided by private companies based on public service obligation.
- 1963–1966 : Thor Gystad, Labour Party
- 1969-31 December 1975 : Kjell Knudsen, Labour Party
- 1976-31 December 1979 : Thorleif Løken
- 1980-31 December 1987 : Tore Haugen, Conservative Party
- 1988-31 December 1991 : Øyvind Ruud, Christian Democratic Party
- 1992–2003 : Ragnar Kristoffersen, Labour Party
- 2003–2007 : Hildur Horn Øien, Christian Democratic Party
- 2007–present : Nils Aage Jegstad, Conservative Party