Akaigawa Village hall
|Prefecture||Hokkaido (Shiribeshi Subprefecture)|
|• Mayor||Motomu Baba|
|• Total||280.11 km2 (108.15 sq mi)|
(September 30, 2016)
|• Density||4.1/km2 (11/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+09:00 (JST)|
|City hall address||74-2 Akaigawa, Akaigawa, Yoichi-gun, Hokkaido|
As of September 2016, the village has an estimated population of 1,157. The total area is 280.11 km².
Kiroro Resort is on the eastern of the village.
- Mountains: Mount Yoichi, Mount Ponkuto
- Rivers: Yoichi River, Shiroigawa River, Akaigawa River
Neighboring cities and townsEdit
- 1899: Akaigawa Village split off from Ōe Village (now Niki Town).
- 1906: Akaigawa became a Second Class Village.
- 1991: Kiroro Resort opened.
- Akaigawa Junior High School
- Akaigawa Elementary School
- Miyako Elementary School