Ohri graduated from Delhi College of Engineering with a B.E. in Mechanical Engineering, and has a MBA from Indian Institute of Management Lucknow. In addition, he did graduate courses at University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
In 2012 he wrote "R for Business Analytics for Springer Publishing. The book is being translated into Chinese by Xi’an Jiaotong University Press. In 2014, he wrote Cloud Computing: An Approach for Data Scientists. for Springer Publishing. In 2017 he wrote Python for R Users:A Data Science Approach" for Wiley Publishing.
In addition to technology books, Ohri has authored four books on poetry. Unlike his technology books, Ohri's poetry books are self published.
He has written around 50 articles for ProgrammableWeb and many articles for KDNuggets. Besides this, he has been cited by Wired Magazine and ReadWriteWeb for espousing a marketplace for algorithms.
Ohri has also written on using Big Data for Developing countries for IBM Big Data Magazine. He advocates a pragmatic approach to open source software including better customer service, documentation and interface. Ohri has also written tutorials in both Python and R.He was featured in KDnuggets in A Day in the life of a Data Scientist.
His latest position is using multiple languages or polyglotism in open source analytics.
An early technology writer in data science, he has interviewed John Sall, Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro, Jan De Leeuw, Hadley Wickham, Hilary Mason, Usama Fayyad, and Stephen L. Baker among others.
- A Ohri. "R for Cloud Computing - An Approach for Data Scientists". Springer.
- "R for Business Analytics".
- "R for Cloud Computing | Matloff | Journal of Statistical Software". Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- "Python for R Users:A Data Science Approach".
- "Ajay Ohri - CoolAvenues.com". www.coolavenues.com.
- "Ajay Ohri, Author at Analytics Training Blog". Analytics Training Blog.
- "ajayohri". ProgrammableWeb.
- "Search Results ajay ohri". www.kdnuggets.com.
- Finley, Klint. "Wanna Build Your Own Google? Visit the App Store for Algorithms". Wired.
- "Hacker Poll: Do We Need An App Store for Algorithms?". ReadWrite. 1 June 2011.
- "Big Data Initiatives in Developing Nations".
- "AllAnalytics - Point / Counterpoint - Downsides Dampen Open-Source Analytics". www.allanalytics.com.
- "A Tutorial on Python - Statistics Views". www.statisticsviews.com.
- "Ajay Ohri, Author at Analytics Vidhya". Analytics Vidhya.
- "Using Python and R together: 3 main approaches". www.kdnuggets.com.
- ""Writing code helps me to understand the development process so that I can make better judgments about it": An interview with SAS founder John Sall - Statistics Views". www.statisticsviews.com.
- ajayohri (13 August 2009). "Interview Gregory Piatetsky KDNuggets.com".
- Ohri, Ajay (14 July 2014). "Interview Jan de Leeuw Founder JSS".
- Ohri, Ajay (12 January 2010). "Interview Hadley Wickham R Project Data Visualization Guru".
- "Interview Hilary Mason Chief Scientist bitly".
- ajayohri (11 August 2009). "Interview Dr Usama Fayyad Founder Open Insights LLC".
- ajayohri (10 September 2009). "Interview Stephen Baker Author The Numerati".