This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2021)
Bharti Telemedia Limited, doing business as Airtel Digital TV, is an Indian direct-broadcast satellite service provider owned and operated by Bharti Airtel. Its satellite service, launched in October 2008, transmits digital satellite television and audio to households in India. It has a total subscriber base of 10.07 million as of 30 March 2015.
|Sunil Bharti Mittal, Chairman |
Sunil Taldar, CEO
|Products||satellite pay television, pay-per-view, streaming television|
|Revenue||₹3,056 crore (US$380 million) (FY 2021)|
|₹1,126 crore (US$140 million) (FY 2021)|
On 4 May 2010, Airtel digital TV announced the launch of its HD+ recorder. On 24 May 2011, Airtel announced that its digital TV HD and HD-DVR boxes are software-enabled to view standard-definition (SD) content up-scaled to 1080i HD.
Airtel Digital TV's standard-definition broadcasts are in MPEG-4 with Interactive Service and 7-day Electronic Programme Guide. A universal remote is included in the package that can, over IR frequencies, control both the TV and the DTH box. Airtel Digital TV HD provides channels of resolution 1080p pixel with a 16:9 aspect ratio. The set-top box is compatible with 7.1 Channel Dolby digital Plus surround sound and is the first HD set-top box in India to be compliant with the standard.
Airtel Digital TV provides on-demand services on connected boxes that includes a catalog of movies, TV series and other programmes across English and various Indian languages. It also offers interactive services such as iDarshan, iKidsworld, iMusicspace and games.
- "Airtel Digital TV crosses 1-crore active subscriber mark". Economic Times. 1 April 2015.
- "Bharti Airtel's DTH biz reports 27% increase in Q4 revenue". Exchange4media. Retrieved 18 July 2021.
- "Mobile Prepaid, Broadband, Postpaid Mobile, DTH Services in India: Airtel". Bhartiairtel.in. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "Bharti Telemedia Limited: Private Company Information". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 3 August 2018.
- "Bharti Airtel launches DTH service". The Financial Express. 7 October 2008. Archived from the original on 4 December 2010. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "Quarterly report on the results for the second quarter and six months ended September 30, 2014" (PDF). Bharti Airtel.
- "Airtel Digital TV adds 1.06 mn subs in FY15, EBITDA sees strong growth". televisionPost.com. 29 April 2015. Archived from the original on 19 November 2015. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Now enjoy the magic of HD on airtel digital TV's 3D ready HD Recorder". airtel.in. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Airtel Digital TV HD users to get free up scaled SD Channels". pcworld.in. 24 May 2011. Archived from the original on 25 December 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Airtel DTH ad misleading complains Tata Sky". Economic Times. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Airtel Universal Remote Setup for Your Television". techupdatesindia.com. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "How to Program and Use Airtel Digital TV (ADTV), Tata Sky DTH and Videocon D2H Universal Remotes with your TV Set?". askvg.com. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Airtel Digital TV to Bring Dolby Digital Plus Surround Sound to Indian Broadcast Television".
- "Shemaroo launches movie premier service". Business Standard. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Airtel live games". airtel.in. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Airtel Interactive services". airtel.in. Retrieved 28 November 2015.