|Traded as||OTC Pink: AIRO|
|Founded||January 30, 1998|
|Headquarters||Boca Raton, Florida|
| Eric D. Stonestrom, CEO & President|
David Brant, CFO
|Revenue||$70 million (2008)|
|-$49 million (2008)|
|Total assets||$69 million (2008)|
|Total equity||$26 million (2008)|
Number of employees
|207 (March 1, 2009)|
|Footnotes / references|
The company was founded in January 1998.
In May 1998, Eric D. Stonestrom was named president and chief executive officer of the company.
In the fourth quarter of 2005, the company released its WiMAX product line.
In 2010, the company teamed with LightSquared to market LightSquared's 1.4 GHz wireless spectrum in the United States. The spectrum is targeted primarily to the utility industry for Smart Grid deployments.
In 2009, the company's stock was delisted from the NASDAQ.
- "Airspan Networks Inc. 2008 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Airspan soars in debut". CNNMoney. July 20, 2000.
- "Airspan deploys network in Afghanistan". American City Business Journals. December 23, 2004.
- "Airspan Unveils Cost-Effective WiMAX Starter Package for Operators and Enterprises Using Both Licensed and Unlicensed Spectrum" (Press release). Marketwired. October 10, 2006.
- "Airspan Concludes Financing With Oak Investment Partners" (Press release). Marketwired. September 25, 2006.
- "Airspan's MiMAX™ Wins Best of WiMAX World USA Award" (Press release). Marketwired. September 27, 2007.
- "Airspan and LightSquared™ Team Up on Smart Grid With Licensed Spectrum and 4G Equipment" (Press release). Marketwired. August 5, 2010.
- "Airspan Announces Delisting Timing and Intention to Continue to Publicize Financial Information" (Press release). Marketwired. April 8, 2009.