Open main menu

Aircoach is an Ireland-based subsidiary company of FirstGroup. It provides airport express coach services from Cork, Belfast, Greystones, Bray, Southside Dublin and Dublin to Dublin Airport. It also operates contracted bus services for airport car parks[1][2] and other private hire contracts in the Dublin area.

Greystones aircoach may.jpg
Jonckheere SHV bodied Volvo B12B in Shankill in 2009
DestinationsDublin Airport
HubsCork, Belfast, Dublin
Managing DirectorDervla McKay


Aircoach was formed in 1999 by John O'Sullivan, a former Bus Éireann employee. O'Sullivan sold 90% of the company to FirstGroup in 2003 for €15 million [3] before selling the remaining 10% for €1.5 million to FirstGroup in 2005.

Aircoach was awarded the Overall Logistics and Transport Excellence Award at the 2011 Irish Logistics and Transport Awards.[4] The company was also named as the Irish Inter-City coach operator of the year at the 2014 [5] and 2018 Fleet Bus and Coach awards.

In addition to its scheduled services, Aircoach also operates shuttle bus services at Dublin Airport along with contract services and is the Official Coach Supplier to the Leinster Rugby Team.[6]

Past ServicesEdit

The first Aircoach route, Ballsbridge to Dublin Airport, was suspended after 14 years of operation in April 2013. Many of the stops on this service continue to be served by the Leopardstown route, with the stops unique to this service being amalgamated into the Greystones route.

A service from Ballinteer to Dublin Airport ran from April 2011 until December 2012, whilst the company also previously ran stopping commuter services to Belfast (2004-2010), Cork (2004-2012) and Portlaoise (2004-2006) to/from Dublin City and Dublin Airport.

The Phoenix Park shuttle ran from May 2008 until January 2010 using East Lancs Myllennium buses which were powered by LPG.


The company operates a fleet of 52 coaches to operate its scheduled services and 15 buses, including a number of articulated vehicles to operate the car park and staff shuttle services at Dublin Airport.

The company operates a fleet of 47 Volvo B11R Plaxton Panther 3 coaches built between 2014 and 2019. The coaches are a mixture of 49 seaters with toilets or 53 seaters without toilets.

Aircoach also operates a fleet of 5 Jonckheere SHV Volvo B12B tri-axles built in 2008/9.

The Dublin Airport car park shuttle uses 12 articulated Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses, with a 2013 Wright Streetlite, a 2006 Wright Eclipse bodied Volvo B7RLE and a 2002 Mercedes-Benz Citaro rigid used on staff shuttle duty.

See alsoEdit


  1. ^ "Bus Transport Routes to Dublin Airport". Aircoach. Archived from the original on 24 April 2008. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
  2. ^ "Aircoach". FirstGroup. Retrieved 20 May 2008.
  3. ^ "Aircoach Announces €15m Euro Deal". Aircoach. Archived from the original on 18 November 2007. Retrieved 7 November 2003.
  4. ^ "The irish Logistics & Transport Awards 2011". Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport Ireland. Archived from the original on 22 March 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2011.
  5. ^ "WINNERS ALL AT THE FLEET BUS & COACH AWARDS 2014". Fleet Transport. Archived from the original on 30 October 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
  6. ^ "Aircoach - Proud Supporters of Leinster Rugby". Aircoach. Archived from the original on 5 May 2009. Retrieved 29 June 2009.

External linksEdit

  Media related to Aircoach at Wikimedia Commons