|Predecessor||Aérospatiale-Matra, DASA, and CASA|
|Successor||Airbus Defence and Space|
|Domingo Ureña-Raso, CEO (2009-2014)|
|Parent||Airbus S.A.S., EADS|
The company was formally created in April 2009 by the integration of the former Military Transport Aircraft Division (MTAD) and Airbus Military Sociedad Limitada (AMSL) into Airbus. In January 2014, the former EADS divisions Airbus Military, Astrium, and Cassidian were merged to form Airbus Defence and Space.
CASA C-295 of the Polish Air Force
CASA C-212 of the Swedish Coast Guard
A330MRTT of the Royal Air Force
The predecessor company was established in January 1999 as the Airbus Military Company SAS to manage the Airbus A400M project, taking over from the Euroflag consortium. In May 2003, the company was restructured as Airbus Military Sociedad Limitada (AMSL) prior to the execution of the production contract.
The Military Transport Aircraft Division (MTAD) was a division of EADS which designs, manufactures and commercialises EADS-CASA light and medium transport aircraft, and headquartered in Madrid, Spain.
Structural evolution of Airbus SE
|18 December 1970||1 January 1992||10 July 2000||18 September 2000||January 2001||1 December 2006||1 April 2009||17 September 2010||17 January 2014||27 May 2015||1 January 2017||12 April 2017|
|European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company NV||Airbus Group NV||Airbus Group SE||Airbus SE|
|Airbus Industrie GIE||Airbus SAS|
|Airbus Military SAS||Airbus Defence and Space SAS|
|EADS Defence and Security||Cassidian SAS|
|Astrium SAS||EADS Astrium SAS|
|Eurocopter SA||Eurocopter SAS||Airbus Helicopters SAS|
On 16 December 2008, EADS announced that MTAD and AMSL would be integrated into Airbus as part of Airbus Military.
In February 2009, Domingo Ureňa-Raso was appointed chairman and CEO of Airbus Military.
In late 2013, the parent company EADS effected the reorganization as the Airbus Group, with three divisions that include Airbus Defence & Space, Airbus, and Airbus Helicopters ending the Airbus Military corporate entity.
- The Company Archived 2014-02-09 at the Wayback Machine. Airbus Military
- "Biography_Domingo Ureña Raso". Airbus. January 2014. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-02-02. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Airbus Defence and space". Archived from the original on 2014-02-09. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- Being Part of aMuch Bigger World Archived 2014-01-09 at the Wayback Machine
- EADS: Towards a Leaner Organisation (Archive Dec 2008, 16th)
- Chuter, Andrew (31 July 2013). "EADS Announces Name Change, Restructuring". Defensenews.
- Messier, Doug (5 January 2014). "EADS Reorganizes, Acknowledges Success of SpaceX". Parabolic Arc. Retrieved 23 January 2014.