Air Pohang (Korean: 에어포항; RR: E-eo Pohang) was a South Korean domestic low-cost airline that launched operations in February 2018. As indicated by its name, the company focused on serving residents of Pohang, a city on the southeastern coast of the peninsula, as well as the rest of North Gyeongsang Province. As of February 2018, the airline flew to two destinations from its base at Pohang Airport using three CRJ-200 aircraft. The airline ceased all operations on 29 November, 2018.
|Commenced operations||7 February 2018|
|Ceased operations||29 Nov 2018|
|Operating bases||Pohang Airport|
|Fleet size||1 (November 2018)|
|Destinations||3 (February 2018)|
|Headquarters||Pohang, South Korea|
Air Pohang was founded by the company Dong-Hwa Electronics, which made an initial investment of 10 billion won. The airline commenced operations on 7 February 2018, with a flight from Gimpo Airport in Seoul to Pohang Airport. It thus became the seventh low-cost carrier based in South Korea.
The following destinations were served:
|South Korea||Jeju||Jeju International Airport|
|South Korea||Pohang||Pohang Airport||Hub|
|South Korea||Seoul||Gimpo International Airport|
Before ceased operations, the company operated two CRJ-200 aircraft that each seat 50 passengers.
- "Air Pohang to suspend services next month for fleet replacement". Yonhap News Agency. 29 November 2018.
- "Air Pohang". ch-aviation. Retrieved 3 March 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Budget carrier Air Pohang to start operations later this year". Yonhap. 29 May 2017. Retrieved 3 March 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Moon, Ji-woong; Lee, Ha-yeon (8 February 2018). "S. Korea's 7th LCC Air Pohang starts operations". Pulse. Maeil Business Newspaper. Retrieved 3 March 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Air Pohang begins services as regional carrier". Yonhap. 7 February 2018. Retrieved 3 March 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Air Pohang.|