Air Mali, formerly Compagnie Aérienne du Mali (abbreviated as CAM), was an airline based in Mali that was formed by the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED) through its subsidiary IPS, West Africa and the government of Mali in April 2005.
|Founded||April 2005 (as CAM)|
May 2009 (as Air Mali)
|Commenced operations||7 June 2005 (as CAM)|
15 May 2009 (as Air Mali)
|Ceased operations||December 2012|
|Hubs||Senou International Airport|
Due to the Northern Mali conflict, the airline's operations have been suspended since December 2012.
The company rebranded itself as Air Mali on 15 May 2009.
In July 2012, following the civil war within Mali, the airline was forced to ground their McDonnell Douglas MD-83 and McDonnell Douglas MD-87 aircraft, and decided to cease all operations on December 27, 2012. All employees were released from their duties with immediate effect, but were informed that the airline management would reassess the situation in September 2013. As of 2015, the airline was still incorporated, but not active; and no signs of a resumption in flying were to be seen.
Shareholdings (as at August 2013) were:
|Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development||94%|
|Government of Mali||2%|
|The Agora Company, Mali (la Société Agora Mali)||2%|
Financial and other business figures for Air Mali are not available, as the company is privately owned.
At the time of grounding on December 27, 2012, Air Mali fleet consisted of the following aircraft:
|McDonnell Douglas MD-83||1||Grounded since July 2012|
|McDonnell Douglas MD-87||1||Grounded since July 2012|
|Bombardier CRJ200||1||Stored since December 2012|
- Paul Argyle. "New name for Airline from Mali.. Air Mali - News - alternativeairlines.com". Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- "Nichts geht mehr bei Air Mali". aeroTELEGRAPH. 27 December 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- "Letzte Chance für Air Mali". aeroTELEGRAPH. 30 July 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- "Air Mali – Who we are (in French)". Archived from the original on 2013-12-04. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Contact-us." Air Mali. Retrieved on 19 October 2009. "Bamako Responsable SIDIBE Hamadou Adresse Immeuble TOMOTA – Avenue Cheick Zayed – Bamako MALI"