Air Cargo Carriers
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Air Cargo Carriers is a cargo airline based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. ACC was established in 1986 and operates contract feeder cargo services for UPS, FedEx and DHL, additionally providing on demand charter service. Air Cargo Carriers, Inc. is the largest civilian operator of Short aircraft in the world. Its main base of operations is Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport, in Milwaukee, WI.
Air Cargo Carriers operates throughout the US, Canada, and the Caribbean. The scheduled routes include:
- Beckley, WV (BKW) to Louisville, KY (SDF)
- Charleston, WV (CRW) to Louisville, KY (SDF)
- Warsaw, IN (ASW) to Louisville, KY (SDF)
- Danville, IL (DNV) to Louisville, KY (SDF) to Decatur, IL (DEC)
- Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR) to Columbia, SC (CAE)
- Savannah, GA (SAV) to Columbia, SC (CAE)
- Swainsboro, GA (SBO) to Columbia, SC (CAE)
- Harrisburg, PA (MDT) to Cincinnati, OH (CVG)
- Milwaukee, WI (MKE) to Madison, WI (MSN) to Louisville, KY (SDF) to Traverse City, MI (TVC)
- Phoenix, AZ (PHX) to Tucson, AZ (TUS)
- Warsaw, IN (ASW) to Louisville, KY (SDF) to Ft. Wayne, IN (FWA)
- Beckley, WV (BKW) to Louisville, KY (SDF) to Charleston, WV (CRW)
- Charleston, WV (CRW) to Louisville, KY (SDF) to Roanoke, VA (ROA)
- San Juan, PR (SJU) to St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands (STT)
- San Juan, PR (SJU) to St. Croix, US Virgin Islands (STX)
- San Juan, PR (SJU) to St. Martin, AN (SXM)
- San Juan, PR (SJU) to Tortola, British Virgin Islands (EIS)
- San Juan, PR (SJU) to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ)
- Aguadilla, PR (BQN) to Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI)
A brief history:
- In 1986, Air Cargo Carriers began flying 3,500 lb. capacity Shorts Skyvan aircraft, and grew to a fleet of 5 planes.
- In 1990, Shorts SD-30 aircraft were added to the Air Cargo Carriers' fleet.
- By 1994, the company had 11 total aircraft in its fleet. And in 1995, Shorts 360's were acquired by the company.
- In 1994 the avionics and instrument division of Air Cargo Carriers is called Milwaukee Avionics & Instruments. MAI was formed, providing Avionics & Instrument repairs.
- In 2001, ACC began operating in the Caribbean, and by 2003 ACC had 21 aircraft in its fleet.
- The company also has the largest Shorts parts inventories in the world. Read more about the history of ACC here.
- ACC operates a full-service maintenance base with 2 hangars at Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport, in Milwaukee WI. The company also operates a satellite maintenance facility in Punta Gorda, Florida.
The Air Cargo Carriers fleet includes the following aircraft (as of June 2019):
|Aircraft||Quantity in Fleet|
|Cessna 208 Caravan||3|
|This article relating to a United States airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|