Air Canada Express
Air Canada Express is a brand name under which two regional airlines operate feeder flights for Air Canada. They primarily connect smaller cities with Air Canada's domestic hub airports and focus cities, although they offer some point-to-point and international (United States) service; for example, direct service from Toronto (YYZ) to Boston (BOS).
Air Canada Express De Havilland Dash 8 in the current 2017 livery
|Founded||May 3, 2011|
|Frequent-flyer program||Aeroplan (Air Canada)|
|Alliance||Star Alliance (affiliate)|
|Parent company||Air Canada|
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
On April 26, 2011, it was reported that Air Canada decided to retire the Air Canada Jazz brand and created the Air Canada Express brand. Prior to establishing the Express name, the flights operated primarily under the Air Canada Jazz or Air Canada Alliance banners. As of January 2020, Air Georgian no longer provides services under the capacity purchase agreement. Those services were transferred back to Jazz.
Operators and fleetEdit
As of June 2020, the combined fleet consists of the following aircraft operated by these regional air carriers:
|Airline||IATA Service||ICAO Code||Callsign||Aircraft||In service||Passengers||Parent|
|Jazz Aviation||QK||JZA||Jazz||De Havilland Dash 8-300||23||–||50||50||Chorus Aviation|
|De Havilland Dash 8-400||44||–||74||74|
|Sky Regional Airlines||KV||SKV||Maple||Embraer E175||25||12||64||76||Skyservice Business Aviation|
- Exploits Valley Air Services is also operating a fleet of five 18 passenger Beechcraft 1900D aircraft on behalf of Air Canada, albeit not under the Air Canada Express brand.
- Central Mountain Air ceased operations under the Air Canada Express banner in October 2011 after Air Georgian was awarded the Alberta and B.C. destinations previously operated by Central Mountain Air.
- Sky Regional Airlines operates all 15 of Air Canada's former Embraer E175 aircraft.
- Air Georgian ceased Beechcraft 1900D operation out of Toronto (YYZ) on October 31, 2018, and out of Calgary (YYC) on April 30, 2019; and has ceased operating as Air Canada Express on January 31, 2020.
- Transport Canada (28 August 2019), Civil Aviation Services (CAS) AOC. wwwapps.tc.gc.ca.
- "Air Canada Launches New Regional Brand". Financial Post. 26 April 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "Our Fleet". Air Canada. Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- "2019 Annual Information Form" (PDF). Air Canada. Retrieved 2020-04-24.
- "Air Canada Completes Transfer of Embraer 175 Regional Jets to Sky Regional" (Press release). Air Canada. 5 September 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- "Air Canada / Air Georgian ends Beechcraft 1900 service in late-Oct 2018". Routes Online. Retrieved 2020-04-24.
- "Air Georgian, sub-contractor that flew 1.5 million Air Canada passengers a year, heading toward bankruptcy protection". Financial Post. Retrieved 2020-04-24.