Air Canada Express
Air Canada Express is a brand name under which four regional airlines operate feeder flights for Air Canada. They primarily connect smaller cities with Air Canada's domestic hub airports and focus cities, although they offer some point-to-point and international (United States) service; for example, direct service from Toronto (YYZ) to Boston (BOS).
Air Canada Express De Havilland Dash 8 in the current 2017 livery
|Founded||May 3, 2011|
|Frequent-flyer program||Aeroplan (Air Canada)|
|Alliance||Star Alliance (affiliate)|
|Parent company||Air Canada|
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
On April 26, 2011, it was reported that Air Canada decided to retire the Air Canada Jazz brand and created the Air Canada Express brand. Prior to establishing the Express name, the flights operated primarily under the Air Canada Jazz or Air Canada Alliance banners.
Operators and fleetEdit
As of May 2019, the combined fleet consists of the following aircraft operated by these regional air carriers:
|Airline||IATA Service||ICAO Code||Callsign||Aircraft||In service||Passengers||Parent|
|Air Georgian||ZX||GGN||Georgian||Bombardier CRJ-100||4||–||50||50||Georgian International|
|EVAS Air||8K||EVS||EVAS||Beechcraft 1900D||5||–||18||18||Exploits Valley Air Services|
|Jazz Aviation||QK||JZA||Jazz||Dash 8-100||16||–||37||37||Chorus Aviation|
|Sky Regional Airlines||KV||SKV||Maple||Embraer E175||25||12||64||76||Skyservice Business Aviation|
- Central Mountain Air ceased operations under the Air Canada Express banner in October 2011 after Air Georgian was awarded the Alberta and B.C. destinations previously operated by Central Mountain Air.
- Sky Regional Airlines now operates all 15 of Air Canada's former Embraer E175 aircraft.
- Air Georgian ceased Beechcraft 1900D operation out of Toronto YYZ in November of 2018, and out of Calgary YYC in May of 2019.
- Transport Canada (28 August 2019), Civil Aviation Services (CAS) AOC. wwwapps.tc.gc.ca.
- "Air Canada Launches New Regional Brand". Financial Post. 26 April 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- aircanada.com - Our Fleet Retrieved 31 July 2014
- "Air Canada Completes Transfer of Embraer 175 Regional Jets to Sky Regional" (Press release). Air Canada. 5 September 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- "Air Canada Express". Air Georgian. Retrieved 2019-05-02.