This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Availability||National, through radio stations and translators|
|Owner||Educational Media Foundation|
Listen Live via iHeartRadio
In 1986, KLRD began broadcasting Christian Hit/Rock music from Yucaipa, California, and went by the on-air moniker K-LORD. In 1994, KXRD was started as a sister station to KLRD. In 1995, K-LORD changed its name to "Air1" and began broadcasting via satellite from St. Helens, Oregon.
In 1999, Air1 joined with EMF Broadcasting, and finally in 2002, it moved its headquarters to Rocklin, California. Air1 makes use of broadcast translators to spread the signal across much of the country. As of December 2017, the network lists 123 full powered radio stations and 125 translators of various power levels reaching 43 states.
Air1 began as a Christian rock-formatted radio network with the tagline "The Positive Alternative". Over time, the network evolved into a broad Christian CHR presentation, with the slogan "Positive Hits".
In October 2018, Air1 named Mandy Young, the network's assistant PD and morning co-host, as its new head program director. On January 1, 2019, Air1 re-launched with a focus on contemporary worship music—with the majority of its music now focusing on songs from church worship bands such as Elevation Worship, Hillsong Worship, and Vertical Worship (although some conventional Christian Contemporary content also remains on the playlist).
List of stationsEdit
As of January 1, 2019, the on-air staff of Air1 includes morning drive hosts Dan and Michelle (coming from KYMX/Sacramento), program director Mandy Young in middays, “Shaef & Lee” (Mike Shaeffer and Lauren Lee) in afternoon drive, and Ashton in evenings.
- Eric Calhoun and Heather Shelley hosted Air1's morning show from April 2015 to November 2018.
- Sean Copeland was formerly part of the Sean and Mandy show, which was discontinued on September 29, 2011. Copeland moved to the morning show on Indianapolis adult contemporary station WYXB.
- Coppelia Acevedo formerly occupied the midday time slot, and moved to Houston station KSBJ.
- Brant Hansen filled the afternoon time slot from 2011 to 2014. He resigned to work with nonprofit Cure International and launch The Brant Hansen Show, a podcast that is syndicated on many Christian radio stations.
- Eric Allen co-hosted the "Eric and Mandy Show" in the mornings until February 2015; his co-host Mandy stated he was moving on to "bigger & better things". As of 2015, Eric is working for Cure International as their Radio Marketing Manager.
- Brenda Price hosted a mid-day time slot until May 5, 2015, when Air1 stated Brenda was no longer a part of Air1's DJ lineup. No reason was given for her sudden departure.
- Rahny Taylor worked as a program director and on-air host at Air1 and K-Love from November 2013 to August 2016. He departed to host a morning show on WRNW in Milwaukee.
- "Air1 Ups Mandy Young To PD". All Access. Retrieved 2019-02-16.
- "Mandy Young New Air1 Program Director". Radio Ink. October 29, 2018.
- Venta, Lance (January 1, 2019). "Air 1 Moves to Worship Music". RadioInsight. RadioBB Networks. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- "EMF Unveils Air1 Worship Now". AllAccess.com. All Access Music Group. December 31, 2018. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- Venta, Lance (October 15, 2018). "Dan & Michelle in; Eric & Heather Out at Air1 Mornings". RadioInsight. RadioBB Networks. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- Venta, Lance (October 29, 2018). "Mandy Young Ascends to Air 1 Program Director". RadioInsight. RadioBB Networks. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- "NEWS: AIR1 Announces Eric & Heather as the New Co-Hosts for the AIR1 Morning Show Beginning April 14". Gospel Music Association. April 14, 2015.
- "Blogs: Sean Copeland".
- "The Morning Show with Bill and Coppelia".
- "Brant Hansen Exiting Air1 Network". AllAccess.com. All Access Media Group. July 3, 2014. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- "Brant Hansen Joins CURE International". AllAccess.com. All Access Media Group. July 21, 2014. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- "Brant Hansen Returns To Radio, Syndicated By Christian FM". AllAccess.com. All Access Media Group. September 2, 2014. Retrieved January 1, 2019.
- "Rahny Taylor New K-LOVE Assistant PD". AllAccess.com. All Access Music Group. November 18, 2013.
- "Rahny Taylor Returns To Mornings In Milwaukee". FMQB.
- "Rahny Taylor returning to Milwaukee radio". Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.