Sayyid Ahmad Alamolhoda (also Alam Olhoda or Alam al-Hoda; Persian: احمد علمالهدی) is an Iranian Shia Islamic cleric who has been described as "senior" and "conservative" and "hardline." His rank has been given both as Hojjatoleslam and Ayatollah. He is the Friday Prayer leader in Mashhad, Iran and is also that city's representative in the Iranian Assembly of Experts. Alamolhoda is a member of Combatant Clergy Association.
Alamolhoda in his office at Mashhad in 2018
|Member of the Assembly of Experts|
|Assumed office |
19 February 2007
|Constituency||Razavi Khorasan Province|
|Born||1 September 1944|
|Political party||Combatant Clergy Association|
|Relatives||Ebrahim Raisi (son-in-law)|
Alamolhoda name appeared in the international media as a speaker at a December 30, 2009 rally held in favor of the Islamic regime, where he was quoted as calling opponents of the supreme leader Ali Khamenei In comments broadcast on Iranian state TV, Alamolhoda told demonstrators,
Alamolhoda was also a strong critic of Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, the previous head of the Assembly of Experts, whom Alamolhoda attacked for “his silence in the face of unprecedented insults against the leader of the revolution” (Ali Khamenei), and warned to “reform his behavior before it was too late.”
Ayatollah Alam ul Hoda has said during Friday prayer that, John Kerry the foreign minister of the United States, told Iran he ‘wished U.S. had a leader like Iran’s supreme leader’. The foreign minister of USA said this statement to Javad Zarif, the foreign minister of Iran.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ahmad Alamolhoda.|
- "Iran's Mousavi ready to die for opposition cause". Archived from the original on 2012-04-26. Retrieved 2010-01-08.
- Iranians Rally in Support of Government[permanent dead link], 31 December 2009
- Iranian hardliners rally, call for killing reformists, salon.com, Dec 31, 2009
- Alamolhoda slams Iranian officials for hypocrisy, Asr Iran │ Dec. 4, 2009
- In Tehran, Thousands Rally to Back Government By NAZILA FATHI, December 30, 2009
- Supreme Leader’s Performance “Proven”
- Mohammadighalehtaki, Ariabarzan (2012). Organisational Change in Political Parties in Iran after the Islamic Revolution of 1979. With Special Reference to the Islamic Republic Party (IRP) and the Islamic Iran Participation Front Party (Mosharekat) (Ph.D. thesis). Durham University. p. 177.
- Iranian hardliners rally, call for killing reformists Dec 31, 2009
- John kerry ‘wished U.S. had a leader like Iran’s supreme leader’
Abbas Vaez Tabasi
| Representative of the Supreme Leader in Razavi Khorasan Province
| Friday prayers Imam of Mashhad