She was photographed by Life Magazine appearing opposite the five semi finalist actors for the role of James Bond in On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Shortly after appearing in the 1974 Disney family film production The Island at the Top of the World, Eckemyr appeared on the front cover and within the October 1975 edition of Playboy magazine, as a Playboy Playmate. Her success in the US led to offers of high-profile roles in Sweden, and in 1975 she appeared in Lejonet och jungfrun (The Lion and the Virgin) with Sven-Bertil Taube and directed by Lars-Magnus Lindgren.
After retirement from being an actress, she turned her talents to clothing design. Her final designs were featured at Älskning (Swedish for Darling), on Columbus Avenue, in Manhattan, New York City; a block from where she lived in an apartment overlooking Central Park. She moved back to Sweden in 2013, and died in Stockholm in 2018.
- 1971: Blindman – Pilar
- 1974: The Island at the Top of the World – Freyja
- 1975: Lejonet och jungfrun – Virgo
- 1977: The Kentucky Fried Movie – Ming Chow (segment "A Fistful of Yen")
- 1978: CHiPs episode Flashback! –1st Woman in Car
- 1979: Winter Kills – Nurse One
- 1979: Kristoffers hus – Hanna
- 1980: Flygnivå 450 – Aino
- 1981: Olsson per sekund eller Det finns ingen anledning till oro – Inger
- 1982: Brusten himmel – Märta
- "Agneta Eckemyrs sista svåra år". www.expressen.se (in Swedish). Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- http://www.life.com/gallery/37692/image/ugc1022802#index/30[permanent dead link]
- Playboy Magazine - 1975 Back Issues Archived June 9, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- "Västerãs Tidning". Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-06-30.
|This article about a Swedish actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|