Afef Jnifen (born 3 November 1963) is a Tunisian-born Italian fashion model, actress and television presenter.
|Occupation||Fashion Model, Actress, Television Presenter|
|Height||176 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
Born in 1963 in Ben Gardane, Tunisia, Afef is a naturalized Italian citizen. She is the daughter of the former Tunisian ambassador Mohamed Jnifen, who also was ambassador in: Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen, and Bahrain. Her mother, Saida Benina, is of Turkish origin. She is married to Marco Tronchetti Provera, an Italian businessman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Pirelli & C. S.p.A. and Telecom Italia.
Jnifen's modeling career began when she was discovered by photographer Jean-Paul Goude, who spotted her walking on the beach while he was shooting a "Club Med" ad with Carla Bruni in the Bahamas. Goude put Jnifen in the ad and suggested her to go to Paris and meet the designer Azzedine Alaïa. She quickly became a favorite model of many of Europe's top designers, travelling between Milan and Paris while working for Armani, Fendi, Jean Paul Gaultier, Roberto Cavalli, and others. Jnifen's successful career in fashion has since spanned three decades representing top international brands such as L'Oréal, Paris.
In addition to modeling, Afef is also a successful actress, known for TV series La grande notte in 2003 on Rai 2. She also was hosted in television programs such as Maurizio Costanzo Show in 1982 on Canale 5 and Quelli che... il calcio in 1993 on Rai 3. She has also been a popular Italian television presenter, hosting, in 1999 with Fabrizio Frizzi, Scommettiamo che.... on Rai 1, and, in 2006 with Gene Gnocchi, La grande notte on Rai 2.
In 2016 and 2017, Jnifen stars in Project Runway Middle East on MBC as a jury member along with Lebanese designer Elie Saab and Egyptian actress Yousra. In 2017, she was named ambassador of "Fashion 4 Development".
- "Afef Jnifen - Dagospia". Dagospia. Archived from the original on 26 April 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Sanna, Cristiano (2019). "[Il ritratto] Afef, le quarte nozze, i milioni e quei veleni da scansare. Il potere riservato di una ribelle". Tiscali Spettacoli. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- "Tunisian-born beauty Afef Jnifen". W Magazine. 2012-03-01. Archived from the original on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- Lockwood, Lisa (2017-08-30). "The Late Franca Sozzani to Be Honored by Fashion 4 Development". WWD. Archived from the original on 2017-11-19. Retrieved 2017-11-21.
- La grande notte at IMDb
- Maurizio Costanzo Show at IMDb
- Quelli che... il calcio at IMDb
- "Project Runway: Abdelhanine Raouh, étoile montante de la couture au Maroc". Al HuffPost Maghreb (in French). 2018-02-21. Archived from the original on 2019-04-18. Retrieved 2019-04-18.
- "Former Bazaar Cover Star Afef Jnifen Named Ambassador Of Fashion 4 Development". Harper's BAZAAR Arabia. Archived from the original on 2017-12-01. Retrieved 2017-11-21.